Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 09-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Default TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

Alright, it's definitely long past time that we reset the Lounge's TV thread from Sniper's threadzilla. Right about now seems like just the right time, since it's shortly before all the new fall seasons start. I'm definitely interested in hearing what shows people here will be watching this fall so I know what I can discuss in this thread. I won't be posting nightly updates with what's on like Sniper used to because I'm not that dedicated, so set your DVRs ahead of time, or check your local listings.

Anyway, here are the shows I plan to follow this season:

Will definitely follow:

NFL Football: Sundays all day on CBS, Fox, and NBC, Monday nights on ESPN. Gooooo Seahawks!
Heroes: NBC Mondays @ 9 pm. Premieres Sept 24. Hopefully this season our beloved comic book show will actually be as awesome as it has the potential to be.
Dancing with the Stars: ABC Mondays @ 8 pm, results Tuesday @ 9 pm. Ah yes, the show I talk about the most here, but I don't really mention outside of the forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I'm glad it's not in the 9 pm time slot anymore.
The Office: NBC Thursdays @ 9 pm. Premieres Sept. 27. Probably the best comedy on television.
30 Rock: NBC Thursdays @ 8:30 pm. Premieres Oct. 4. When I saw previews for this last fall, I didn't think this would be watchable, let alone the better of the two shows about making SNL. However, Alec Baldwin is brilliant.

Will give a shot:

Sarah Connor Chronicles: Sundays @ 9 pm on Fox. I guess this doesn't start until January, though. Oh well. I've heard some good buzz, and the premise is interesting. I tend to dig the action shows.
K-Ville: Mondays @ 9 pm on Fox. Premieres Sept 17. Looks like a cop show set in a post-Katrina New Orleans. It could be interesting, but I won't feel let down if it doesn't grip me.
Bionic Woman: NBC Wednesdays @ 9 pm. Premieres Sept. 26. Another comic book show. The buzz hasn't been quite as good, though, so I'll probably ditch this one quickly if it doesn't impress me right away.
Life: NBC Wednesdays @ 10 pm. Also Premieres Sept. 26. Another cop show, this time a guy who got sentenced to life for a crime he didn't commit, and then got out. This is another one that's pretty tentative, but I'll give it a shot.
Chuck: NBC Mondays @ 8 pm. Premieres Sept. 24. I'm a sucker for spy shows, but this looks pretty weak. I'll give it a shot, though.
24: Fox Mondays @ 9 pm. Premieres in January. Speaking of being a sucker for spy shows, I can't help but at least watch the premiere of this. It has a lot to make up for last season, though, and if it doesn't start improving, I'll tiltedly take it off my DVR.

So, what about you guys? Anything catch your attention that I should plan on giving a shot? Anything we're both interested in?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

The Office and Lost will probably be my only die hard series.

I still have to watch past seasons of 24 or else it would be there too.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:54 PM

I'll be watching Dancing with the Stars with you but I gotta say I'm not too excited about the new celebs at the moment. I hate change [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Definitely will watch The Office. I really don't want Pam and Jim to get together.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Office: NBC Thursdays @ 9 pm. Premieres Sept. 27. The best show on television.

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg, three more weeks. me no can wait.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:29 PM

NFL Football
Lost 24 (it HAS to be better than last year, right?)
The Office
30 Rock
I think I'll givee Heroes a shot, as well...
I might check out Life because I'm a Damien Lewis fan...
Old 09-06-2007, 08:45 PM

It's about time we acted on this excellent idea. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1. Flipping Out(house flipping show with nutty gay obsessive-compulsive guy who gets insight from tarot cards and apparently spends hundreds of dollars a month paying for his pets to get massages)

2. I think Gordon Ramsey's new cooking show is coming on, where he acts like a savage while saving people's restaurants from going under.

3. Any interesting cooking contest shows that come along.

4. Shin-chan, a funny cartoon that I've grown to love that shows around midnight Saturdays on Cartoon Network.

5. I used to really get into Frontline on PBS. I should start catching that again. Generally by far the smartest hour on t.v. Often hard hitting, but with nary a feeling of gloating about it, unlike CNN or other thinly-disguised Geraldo-like efforts.

6. Reruns of Futurama to wind down the day, with the occasional South Park.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:03 PM

I hardly watch T.V., but I will definitely be watching High Stakes Poker, the first two episodes are the best I have seen throughout the 4 year series. I will also watch the WSOP main event (with the sound off, and my stereo playing, cuz norman chad, and mcleahran are the worst ever). Mix in some NFL football here and there as well. I dont know when the new season of The Shield starts, I guess I need to find out cuz that is one of my all time favorite shows on the air right now.

Edit: If there are any groundbreaking new shows that u think are worth looking into, let me know.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. I think Gordon Ramsey's new cooking show is coming on, where he acts like a savage while saving people's restaurants from going under.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this an american version, cuz it's an old show in the uk: ramsay's kitchen nightmares?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know when the new season of The Shield starts, I guess I need to find out cuz that is one of my all time favorite shows on the air right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Shield. I seem to remember hearing it was finishing up next Spring. In terms of non-comedies I think The Shield is only second to The West Wing.

Someone else also told me that Futurama was making new episodes. Sounds too good to be true.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:32 PM

Survivorman and Man v. Wild are awesome and great for watching with kids.