Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-01-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Best NFL wide receivers

lol at owens being anything other than 4th on a list of moss, harrison, rice, and himself
Old 12-01-2007, 02:19 PM

Rice Moss Harrison TO
Old 12-01-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can debate who is better and all that but i say what you should ask is if you were starting a franchise who would you want on your team. Order imo:
1. rice
2. owens
3. harrison
4. moss

i think alot of people underrate owens because of his drops. Ya he led the league in drops last year but also remember that he was playing the entire season with a broken bone in his hand. despite the drops he has still produced more than any other receiver in the last string of years.

Most importantly he works harder than anyone, and he gives 100% on every play. Hes not team destructive, hes just an idiot. I'll take it

[/ QUOTE ]

TO not team destructive LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

What an insane statement.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:22 PM

if owens had peyton manning his whole career this might not even be a discussion...harrison while amazingly consistent is slightly overrated...factoring in not disrupting the team...its definitely close between the two
Old 12-01-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They did it at the expense of letting wes welker catch everything underneath. That wasn't a bad decision, one huge play aside.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, on 3rd and 8 I'd rather take my chances with Moss in single coverage 15 yards downfield than Welker abusing a linebacker underneath. Of course, that's in hindsight knowing that Welker [censored] abused us on 3rd down.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
success at KR/PR never lasts because they stop getting the ball kicked to them...people were hyping up dante hall a few years ago more then hester now and look where hes at

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because Hall declined doesn't mean Hester will.

1) Dante Hall is now almost 30 years old. He's not going to have the same success that he once had.

2) Once upon a time, Hall had a great 4-game stretch and then didn't score another return TD the rest of the season. Four return TDs is a good season, but not sensational. His hype is based around the fact that his 4 return TDs just so happened to be in consecutive games. If they were spread out, he would have recieved far less hype. For example, how often do we talk about Leon Washington? He's just as good as Hall.

3) Dante Hall was never the returner that Hester is. You can already make a solid argument that Hester is the best returner of all time. Hall has 12 return TDs since coming into the league in 2000. Hester has 10 in, what, 27 games. Hester will finish miles ahead of Hall.

Edit: Actually if you count the FG return, Hester has 11. And either way you slice it, his 5/6 return TDs last year is an NFL record, which he could very well break this year as he already has 5.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
randy moss is the best reciever of all-time...im not sure rice belongs in the top 5

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen Jerry Rice play? If you wanna argue that Moss is better, fine, But Rice not in the top 5? Really??

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeezus how many people got leveled by this?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff Abcdefghijklmniz--mnopqrstuv uhh vvztuvxyx...z

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-01-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Irvin > CJ

Also if you took any of the current guys and brought them back in time say 40 years ago, obviously they school everyone. The medical and training advantages they have now are huge. So I'd expect it's normal to say that the list is heavily weighted on current guys.

However if the discussion is just relative to the people they played against, then I fully agree that this list is crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how we have these discussions like this about football and for some reason no one ever mentions steroids. Its hilarious to me. If this were a baseball thread it would have been mentioned at least a few times, especially in posts like these ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Moss/CJ/Harrison/TO take roids ? I don't think so. The only one you could even think about accusing is TO, and given how much of a work out maniac he is, he clearly doesn't need them. You could easily be that massive when you're working out 3 hours a day.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:37 PM

It's too late to edit my posts, so late me make two late changes to avoid looking like too big of an idiot.

1) Welker was abusing Joselio Hanson (mostly), not a linebacker, but my point still stands. With Dawkins doubling Moss most plays and JR Reed deep, Hanson has basically no deep help so he was playing way off Welker.

2) On to Hall, 4 return TDs is a sensational season, no idea what I was thinking when I wrote it was good but not great.