Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Stars, Tilt or Cake: Trying to determine which is the best bargain

Based on about 30,000 hands per month, at NL 50, 100 and 200, which is the best value wrt to the overall amount raked? (Assuming Cake's 33% RB, Tilt's 27% and Star's FPP's.)
Old 09-04-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Stars, Tilt or Cake: Trying to determine which is the best bargain

Well considering Stars FPP gives you about 30% rakeback ONCE you are supernova, the clear mathematical choice is of course Cake when considering where the best value for kickbacks would be. Of course there are other factors you need to consider such as traffic, game selection, software preferance ect.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:40 PM

Why not just leave money on all 3 sites and play them all?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well considering Stars FPP gives you about 30% rakeback ONCE you are supernova, the clear mathematical choice is of course Cake when considering where the best value for kickbacks would be. Of course there are other factors you need to consider such as traffic, game selection, software preferance ect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the rub with Stars. I really can't stomach more than 3 tables for more than a few hours at a time. In fact, I can hardly stomach playing online anymore, period. As a result, I would never reach Supernova status. (How many hands of 1/2 NL would it take, anyway?)

Also, I thought I read something recently indicating Star's rake is about 2/3rds less than Tilt at said levels, resulting in a wash assuming a 27% deal at Tilt. (Is that correct?)

I prefer live play, but it is too limiting in my neck of the woods. We have some fantastic charity games here, with a decent rake and good dealers, but the simple economics of online play dictate that I start devoting some time in front of the monitor. Plus, after a break-even run over the course of the last five weeks, I'm really starting to miss rakeback, bonuses, no tipping, fast play and Diet Pepsi for less than $3.50 per cup.

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just leave money on all 3 sites and play them all?

[/ QUOTE ]

If things start to pick up at WPX (just sayin'- not spammin'), they will get the bulk of my play. Cashing out of there is enough of a hassle as it is, and since I don't have unlimited resources, I have to allocate both of my dollars appropriately.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When your talking stars rakeback your refering to the cash bonus through the fpp store is that correct?
Old 09-29-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When your talking stars rakeback your refering to the cash bonus through the fpp store is that correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking about going to pokerstars myself from FT. Can anyone confirm it is around 30% rakeback at PS after supernova?

I only play .5/1 NL about 60k hands a month. Anyone know how long that would take til i get to supernova? thanks in advance

EDIT: Or if oyu can point me to a link. Thanks
Old 09-29-2007, 11:00 PM

You get a base fpp for every 8 dollar pot, one more for every 40 dollar pot, you need 100k base points for Supernova, average pot is probably something like 15 bucks, I reckon maybe 50/1NL you make 3 base fpp every 5 hands so maybe it takes you 3 months or just less. If anyone has better numbers than this feel free to let him know.

Mack