Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I like how you link a story that calls Brady a great QB in your argument why Brady is just average.

[ QUOTE ]
But in the grand scheme, a team with a great quarterback but average receivers is in much better shape than the reverse—witness the Patriots last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

And uh.. Manning's O-Line is pretty damn good.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC Manning is one the main reasons the Colts O-Line is so good. Good footwork, quick release, etc.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

Thread needed some pics.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,

Kitna has 980 yards right now. He will end up with 5226 yards to break the record.

Chad Pennington's QB Rating is at 121.4. He too will break the record for QB rating.

Carson Palmer has 9 TD's right now. That means he will be one shy of the TD record.

Manning, McNabb, DelHomme, Roethlisberger, A. Smith, V. Young also have 1 Int this year and will tie Brady for the record...

But that record will be broken by J. Garcia and Garrard who all haven't thrown an Int and will set a new NFL standard of 0 Int's.

Roehtlisberger, Manning, Romo, and Favre are 3-0...tying Brady for the first QB's to win 16 games in a season...wait don't the Cowboys play the Packers and the Pat's and the Pat's play the etc. I dunno, oh well someone is doing dammitt!

Man, what a season for QB's this is going to be, just when I thought it was a league full of average ones!

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully understand that I'm jumping the gun. Would you rather me sit back and just make safe and surefire predictions? Would that make the board more or less interesting?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
epipen:

you don't happen to be from boston, do you?

it sucks that the pats d is so good too - would be nice to see brady eat it again this year

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't happen to be from NY and a Boston hater do you?

PS: How are the Jets, Giants, Bills or whichever of the many NY teams you root for doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can all homers just stay out of this thread please?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is what I posted in the NE Pats thread:

[ QUOTE ]
After last year's SB everyone has jumped over to the "Manning is the best player in the game" side. But I think that Brady will reclaim that crown this year. People tremendously underrate how much having WRs like Wayne and especially Harrison make Manning look better. Brady will have that luxury for the first time this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh yeah, because the quality of a team's defense obviously has nothing to do with what kind of stats the offensive players is able to rack up. And plz with the WR's. Wide receivers are overrated. What about the O-line? Of course you guys have to highlight the one area where Manning has had better support and you conveniently forget about the rest of the team. Brady is just an average QB that's been surfing on superior support.

Manning >>>>>>>>>> Palmer >>> The rest >>>>>> Tavaris >>> Brady/Grossman tossup

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is a level or not(pretty sure the Grossman thing is), but...

Brady took over for a 6-10 team that was predicted to be one of the worst teams in the league. His team was 0-2 when he took over. His coach had a career losing record and was known as a guy that didn't communicate well. All Brady did was turn that situation into a dynasty.

And now, of course, everyone looks back and says how he has just had great surrounding talent.

Stats wise for a QB, WRs are not overrated at all. Look at how Moss made all those QBs in Minny look good. Look at how Rice has made every QB hes ever played with look good including Bono and Grbac(he even turned Gannon into a MVP). Look at how great Garcia looked when he had T.O.

Manning is a great, great QB....definitely top 10 of all time, imo #4 of all time, and he has a legit argument for #1 of all time...so please don't think I'm hating on him. But Marvin Harrison helps him much much more statistics wise than most people think imo.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:26 PM

Less dumb partisan comments and more pics of Gisele please.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:31 PM

Randy Moss can make anybody look good, but Brady has made a lot happen w/o solid recievers now that he has sweet wrs he is rolling.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:49 PM

it's easy to put up #s when you know the defensive plays
Old 09-24-2007, 09:52 PM

are we still making that joke? *yawn*
Old 09-24-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fully understand that I'm jumping the gun. Would you rather me sit back and just make safe and surefire predictions? Would that make the board more or less interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You do realize you don't have to post right? Sometimes it is better to not say anything at all than to say dumb [censored].

I actually thought you were just joking around and so in return so did I, since I thought you were joking I also thought you were doing a good job leveling some peeps. Now I just realize you really are just posting for the sake of posting.