Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

Don't you be bashing Vinny bitch.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

hey i got nothing against vinny, but if a team is bitching about the pats putting in their backup QB against them and him throwing for a TD, my response is, lol @ them obv. i mean where the [censored] do you get off complaining that some guy comes in and scores on you, be he a starter or sean astin or anybody. if you don't like it, stop them.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(do you know that eqa just measures hitting, nothing else?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Pssst.....stolen bases are part of the equation.

[ QUOTE ]
there is nothing that simple to analyze in football, b/c your teammates have a far, far greater effect on your play than in baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is gospel truth. Indisputable.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dallas hadn't allowed an offensive TD in something like 9 quarters coming into this game.....they don't count as "playing a defense"? Perhaps we should make a list of which defenses count now. San Diego in week 2 didn't count either?

[/ QUOTE ]Dallas wasn't horrible, they were in the top half, not top 10 or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before this week's game, DAL's defense was ranked #6 by DVOA.

Here are NE's opponents so far (by week 5 DVOA):

1: NYJ #32
2: SD #21
3: BUF #25
4: CIN #20
5: CLE #30
Old 10-15-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dallas hadn't allowed an offensive TD in something like 9 quarters coming into this game.....they don't count as "playing a defense"? Perhaps we should make a list of which defenses count now. San Diego in week 2 didn't count either?

[/ QUOTE ]Dallas wasn't horrible, they were in the top half, not top 10 or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before this week's game, DAL's defense was ranked #6 by DVOA.

Here are NE's opponents so far (by week 5 DVOA):

1: NYJ #32
2: SD #21
3: BUF #25
4: CIN #20
5: CLE #30

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected. I was using dummy stats.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:52 PM

This early you would need to adjust for the Patriots dismantling those Ds. They aren't good teams obviously, but if the Patriots put up 400+ yards and you've only played four or five total games that alone will drop your D rating a lot.

The really unbalanced schedules this early cause this stat to not be very useful IMO. Off the top of my head, Cleveland has played Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and New England all which should be very good offenses statistically when the year is done. Buffalo has faced Pittsburgh, Dallas and New England.

Compare those teams to Pittsburgh, who is the top defense at least by yards. Pittsburgh has played Cleveland, Buffalo, San Francisco, Arizona and Seattle. Based on recent years Arizona and Seattle have decent but not great offenses, San Francisco so-so and Cleveland and Buffalo have been bad.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:18 PM

Guys guys guys, this is a Brady blow-fest enough with the Pitt D talk and Ariz O talk. Let's get back on track.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:57 PM

Peyton Manning threw his record 49 TD's in less than 500 Attempts, easily his 2nd lowest total of his career.

That's rather ridiculous.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peyton Manning threw his record 49 TD's in less than 500 Attempts, easily his 2nd lowest total of his career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I did not know that. It is going to be scary when he retires the numbers that he will have put up. Does he have kids? And if he does what are the chances that he is already grooming them to be offensive linemen?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, Brady's TD/Attempts this year are similar