Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 01:50 PM

Default gotta let the fish know whats going on

ive spent my time informing the fish of all thats been going on with the new law. I play at party poker, and id like to keep them playing. Alot of the fish have no clue, im telling them that they can likely still play at such and such spots. I'm hoping my fellow full-timers are engaging in the same activities. the news stations are misinforming alot of people, better to get the news from us than from the corporate media(mass media), whom dont give a rats ass about poker.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:55 PM

Default Re: gotta let the fish know whats going on

Old 10-04-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive spent my time informing the fish of all thats been going on with the new law. I play at party poker, and id like to keep them playing. Alot of the fish have no clue, im telling them that they can likely still play at such and such spots. I'm hoping my fellow full-timers are engaging in the same activities. the news stations are misinforming alot of people, better to get the news from us than from the corporate media(mass media), whom dont give a rats ass about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is, we don't know who is in or out quite yet. Once that happens, UB, FT, whoever, needs to spam ESPN commercials like there is no tomorrow. Schools of fish should gladly migrate.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:18 PM

this is true, however; we now possess a medium to communicate with the fish(party poker's players while playing with them). once party shuts down, which will be soon, we then must depend on the powers that be for informing others, we are now experiencing repercussions of depending on others opinions and assurances(no poker wont be banned, bla bla bla)WE, as poker players, have a much better idea of where the fish will be able to play after this(as our 2+2 readers/subscribers have created a list), shall we assume espn will do ? there may be legal repercussions for any such actions. u wanna make money playing online poker, start using what power u have--INFORM THE PEOPLE!!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:37 PM

What do you think? Vote in my poll.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:37 PM

Not saying ESPN will inform anyone. What I'm saying is that the only way we can truly hope for the fish to stick around is through mass media advertising. Grass roots is certainly helpful, but it's beans compared to Full Tilt running commercials during sportscenter. I hope the sites which do choose to stick it out, and accept new customers, will take advantage of the poker orphans for their own profit. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't predict what these sites will do. But assuming no criminality, I'd expect these places to seriously ramp up their advertising.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:02 PM

YES!! I have been doing my part informing other players at the tables...invariably, a good player pipes up and says "will you stop talking about it". Everyone will know soon enough when they get an email from Party. Let's inform everyone that there are alternatives while we have a chance. I'm sure many Party tables have 2+2ers...if everyone makes an effort, it will help the other sites. Even if it's only short term (270 days), at least the market stays alive.............