Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: My first 11k hands at PLO25 6max - I need help

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, these are the numbers I want [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Are you running hot or is that sustainable? I would be happy with anything above 10 BB/100.

Genarally what I see is that you play much more hands than I do. Also you fold less for steals. I usually just give up my marginal hands in the blind, I don't really like to play OOP against aggressive opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if 18/100 is sustainable in the very long term, but I don't feel like I've played all that great in these 10K hands. I've had times when I've played well, and times where I have gotten lucky. Also had plenty of crap too.

These stats are after a 4 buy in downswing too, so the win rate is the worst it has looked in over a month.

As far as playing a lot of hands, I feel like I know when to release speculative hands. I feel like my numbers for vpip are on the way down in correlation to my AF being on the way up. I think that's a natural improvement as i learn which hands make me money. Because it's far better to play hands that you can be really aggressive with obviously.

FWIW, I tend to splash chips around a bit here and there when it doesn't cost me too much.From that, I generally know after a short time who are the players I don't want to play back at without the goods.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: My first 11k hands at PLO25 6max - I need help

Thanks for the details! It's good to know where I could improve. I will try to make some changes, and hope to see the results in a month...