Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Beat & Brag: Last Night...

OK guys and gals I gotta say that this was a fun two hands. I am playing 1/2 NL with some friends, family and some strangers. I am a instinct player, but the beat shows you how bad things can go wrong.
<ul type="square">
UG ($100)
MP (DAD) ($145)
BUTTON (BEAR)($132)
SB (roomie) ($76)
BB (Dad's friend) ($95)
UG RAISES to $4 (man, I [censored] hate that)
Dad calls
Bear calls (hole cards: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])
SB CALLS
BB CALLS

FLOP is: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][/list]ok, this is fun, I like when i hit stuff like this, so i figure a standard slowplay, but everyone checks to me and I smell a ten or straight draw somewhere, so I lead out. I bet the pot: $20. sb folds, bb folds, ug calls and dad calls

<ul type="square">
The turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BOARD 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

ug bets $20
dad calls
bear calls
pot: $140[/list]
Ok, so i put ug on a ten andmy dad on backdoor flush draw and straight...he loves to chase. So, yeah, this was dumb. I should have raised...most likely pushed here, but wait it gets worse.

<ul type="square">
The river: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
board: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UG bets $20
Dad raise $45
Bear calls
UG Calls

UG shows 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for two pair tens up
Dad shows 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for straight ten high
Bear shows 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for three of a kind -7s.
Dad takes pot and smiles at me like he still knows what is best.[/list]
Wow, did I play that bad and on that hand he did know what is best, but he turned the straight. My dad never slow plays anythihg, so this was new move for him. good job, i guess. anyway, i deserved to get my [censored] pushed in here, i played this about as bad as i could.

New hand. Three hours later. Same [censored]...almost.

<ul type="square">

UG raises $4
fold to dad and he calls
Bear calls (HOLE CARDS: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])
SB CALLS
BB CALLS
POT:$20[/list]
Like I said, I am hating this guy for doubling the blind utg. So, I spite call the SOB. My dad is sitting with $172, and I improved back to a good chip stack of $146.

<ul type="square">
flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UG BETS $6
Dad calls
Bear calls
sb folds
bb folds
pot: $38[/list]I call here, because I am trying to set a trap, I know my dad is on a draw, A-10 OR J-10 and UG is proabably thinking his K-10 OR K-9 is a God and will win him the pot.
<ul type="square">
The turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BOARD: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UG bets $10
Dad calls
Bear raises to $20
UG CALLS
DAD CALLS
POT:$98[/list]
What a fine mess i have gotten myself into again I think. Still not worried that much, like i said my dad never slow plays and he loves to chase, he must be looking for a jack. No way he has J-10. plus, he is still proabably steaming from the last hand where he misread his hand AND UG can sit over there all he wants with his K-10 or K-9.
<ul type="square">
THE RIVER: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BOARD: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UG BETS $15
DAD RAISES ALL-IN
BEAR CALLS
UG FOLDS
DAD SHOWS J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] FOR ACE HIGH STRAIGHT
"Sorry, son, I didn't mis read my hand this time"
Bear shows K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for FULL HOUSE SIXES FULL OF KINGS
"No, you didn't Dad, and neither did I. Sorry, I am stealing from your retirment and cigarette fund."[/list]
My dads storms otuside for a smoke and says good hand on the way out. "I need a cigarette," he claimsas he leaves the room. His friend leans over and says, "He needs another smoke like he needs another bad beat from his son." Funny. And I go about stacking my ol' man's chips.

Overall: Last night after 7 hours of work: $216 in profit
Old 12-29-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Beat & Brag: Last Night...

[ QUOTE ]

Overall: Last night after 7 hours of work: $216 in profit

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats
Old 12-29-2006, 05:59 PM

so in your fake stories, do you ever raise ever or just call?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:00 PM

is there any possible way this isn't a gimmick?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:00 PM

Is the play described real?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:09 PM

well played, play with your instinct and you will soon be the world champ!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:22 PM

it would be funny if your dad gave you a bad beat... with a big stick
Old 12-29-2006, 07:51 PM

ultimate beat: referring to yourself in the third person with a nick like BEAR of all [censored] things

'BEAR CALLS'

[censored] what the hell? 'I CALL', OKAY?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:56 PM

I know two guys who still answer or are referred to by their "nicknames". Both are over 25 fwiw. "Bear" and "Gunz". Both are huge d-bags fwiw.

nice story. first or second time playing poker?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know two guys who still answer or are referred to by their "nicknames". Both are over 25 fwiw. "Bear" and "Gunz". Both are huge d-bags fwiw.

nice story. first or second time playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
I prefer my nickname to my actual name, but I never refer to myself in the third person unless it's appropriate. Nicknames are awesome though.