Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 04:56 PM

Default Re: No More Fast Food Pact

lets see.... im 19, in college, I can't cook for [censored], don't have anyone to cook for me, I can't afford to go anywhere where I can get a good healthy meal, so what am I supposed to do? I'm usually forced to eat fast food daily
Old 12-29-2006, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lets see.... im 19, in college, I can't cook for [censored], don't have anyone to cook for me, I can't afford to go anywhere where I can get a good healthy meal, so what am I supposed to do? I'm usually forced to eat fast food daily

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need amazing cooking skills to prepare healthy and quick meals. It takes a bit more effort and planning, but it will soon become a habit. It isn't hard to grill a steak, steam some vegetables and have a delicious meal.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need amazing cooking skills to prepare healthy and quick meals. It takes a bit more effort and planning, but it will soon become a habit. It isn't hard to grill a steak, steam some vegetables and have a delicious meal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't know where to start, I seriously can't cook anything, period, I'm completely clueless when it comes to cooking...
Lately I have been eating once a day (usually fast food), and drinking protein shakes the rest of the day and working out a ton, I've lost a ton of weight....
Old 12-29-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to give up fast food for the reasons that it is bad for you and expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]
My usual fast-food meals are really cheap. Like $2 or $3 for lunch. I guess while I'm eating carbs wrapped around cheese and cheese, I like knowing that this monstrosity cost only $1. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I tend to bring left-overs for lunch as an alternative; I usually cook too much for the two of us at home. Sometimes I get all industrious and cook big meals JUST for the left-overs, like a big lasagna partioned into a bunch of tupperwares. (I don't expect this method is for everybody.)
-Sam
Old 12-29-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally don't need a pact. I've had fast food maybe 5 times in the last year. A couple of times I was pretty much forced into it. The other times, I just felt like having a little Taco Bell. Anyways, it's horrible for you. So, I say good luck to you all. Also, what a couple of people said: I'm surprised you didn't give this up long ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the same boat dude. Hate the stuff, only eat it at airports (pizza) or when nobody wants to cook or go out or just snack...

I only drink water too, with a soda maybe every other month.

I am willing to do this with my own little twist on it...I have to run for 45 min a day, or I will pay $50. I take exemptions when at another school for sports, and for the 2-4 traveling days I have...This is until only April 21st, ill find a charity...sorry for the slight OT post, just need something to make sure I dont stop after a month or so again, and this is it.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't know where to start, I seriously can't cook anything, period, I'm completely clueless when it comes to cooking...
Lately I have been eating once a day (usually fast food), and drinking protein shakes the rest of the day and working out a ton, I've lost a ton of weight....

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like an awful, awful diet.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like an awful, awful diet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I honestly thought he might be joking.

gtl, unless the fast-food joint you've been going to is the Fruits&Vegetables-Vitamins&Minerals-O'Rama, you're going to die. I honestly worry that you'll get Scurvy.
-Sam
Old 12-29-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still can be a pain in the arse when you are drowning in homework, have to work (at least) part-time, and still want to have a little bit of a social life. While pretty simple, it takes time to figure this stuff out..it's worth it.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bruiser,

less about fast food, more about latinas you banged.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2006, 06:47 PM

Bruiser,

How's that gymnastics coming?