Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Fake Winning Lottery Ticket Causes Ecstasy -- Then Fury. What Now

I think it would have been way funnier if your "black sheep" cousin never told them it was a joke, and let them leave for the evening thinking they still won. Just think about them going to bed that evening thinking they still won, and then imagine them at home the next day, looking on the back of the ticket to see where they're supposed to go cash it! I'm laughing just thinking about it.

Hey, my sis and I spend Xmas at my parents every year. The parentals just informed us this weekend that the last few years they've left lottery tickets in our stockings (which they still hang every year), but since we never checked them, they scratched off all the tickets and cashed the winnings. We gave our parents crap about it, but we're not genuinely upset because it's our fault for not checking.

Btw, if you do win $10,000 on a lottery ticket that you haven't bought yourself, who the hell doesn't look at the back? I mean how dumb can you be?

Also, your SIL is a wuss for breaking down crying. Way to ruin all the fun and be a downer. It's not like she was physically injured...there's no excuse to cry. This is just further proof of the wussification of America.

As for there being no real gift given here, I've been part of a gift exchange where one of the gifts was a broken vacuum cleaner. That was pretty useless....and funny.

And for all of you who are like "Oh, this poor couple was duped, so not funny." Yea, you guys are probably still bitching about that Wheel of Fish episode where the lady wins her body weight in red snapper, but she can exchange it for what's under the mystery box. She opts to trade the fish for the box. And what's under the box? Absoulutely nothing!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would have been way funnier if your "black sheep" cousin never told them it was a joke, and let them leave for the evening thinking they still won. Just think about them going to bed that evening thinking they still won, and then imagine them at home the next day, looking on the back of the ticket to see where they're supposed to go cash it! I'm laughing just thinking about it.

Hey, my sis and I spend Xmas at my parents every year. The parentals just informed us this weekend that the last few years they've left lottery tickets in our stockings (which they still hang every year), but since we never checked them, they scratched off all the tickets and cashed the winnings. We gave our parents crap about it, but we're not genuinely upset because it's our fault for not checking.

Btw, if you do win $10,000 on a lottery ticket that you haven't bought yourself, who the hell doesn't look at the back? I mean how dumb can you be?

Also, your SIL is a wuss for breaking down crying. Way to ruin all the fun and be a downer. It's not like she was physically injured...there's no excuse to cry. This is just further proof of the wussification of America.

As for there being no real gift given here, I've been part of a gift exchange where one of the gifts was a broken vacuum cleaner. That was pretty useless....and funny.

And for all of you who are like "Oh, this poor couple was duped, so not funny." Yea, you guys are probably still bitching about that Wheel of Fish episode where the lady wins her body weight in red snapper, but she can exchange it for what's under the mystery box. She opts to trade the fish for the box. And what's under the box? Absoulutely nothing!

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOL'ed, I must say.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:05 PM

this is just a smaller version of a doctor saying to a cancer patient that he/she is cured, only for 15 minutes later to say 'sorry, i was joking, you probably have 6 months to live'.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:39 PM

ROFLMAO, you guys are always such [censored] nits, that fake lottery ticket is [censored] hillarious, I am in need of money, but If i got that ticket I would think it was [censored] hillarious
Old 12-27-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what we call him behind his back? An idiot, sometimes. You know what we call him to his face? An idiot, sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]
who fell for the fake lottery ticket joke? who's the idiot now??? ahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 12-27-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ROFLMAO, you guys are always such [censored] nits, that fake lottery ticket is [censored] hillarious, I am in need of money, but If i got that ticket I would think it was [censored] hillarious

[/ QUOTE ]

As I asked in an earlier post, can you explain this style of humor to me? I feel a like Borat on this, and I realize that if you have to explain it, it loses something. But I just don't get whats funny. The person's reaction?
Old 12-27-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know what we call him behind his back? An idiot, sometimes. You know what we call him to his face? An idiot, sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]
who fell for the fake lottery ticket joke? who's the idiot now??? ahahahahahahahahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I also did not make this clear: our family does not reveal who gave which gifts. My SIL did not know the ticket was from my cousin until he filled us all in.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:00 AM

By the 2p2er responses in this thread, i bet we can guess how your SIL felt. And 38K to a bunch of poker players is prolly less than 10K to them.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:39 AM

Man that's good stuff, sister in law crying at the end is golden too.