Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Pakistan

This is getting scary in Pakistan.. how much longer till the muslim extremist take over and get their hands on all those nukes they have? They'll certainly use them against us, Europe, Israel, etc.., our retaliations will be meaningless. Seriously, this is a MAJOR concern right now that Al-Qaeda will be armed to the teeth after Pak falls.

Then the real fun begins.

BB
Old 11-04-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Pakistan

Pakistan doesn't have delivery systems capable of reaching the West.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:34 AM

BB, perhaps you want to share why its getting scary.

Here's the latest in Pakistan off the top of my head. The Pakistani is expected to hand down a ruling soon on whether President Pervez Musharraf can run for re-election. The Supreme Court has shown an independent streak lately and Musharraf is nervous enough about the ruling to declare a state of emergency.

Also, pro western former Prime Minister Bhutto (I don't know her first name) has returned from exile and begun a presidential campaign. A terrorist attack on her homecoming killed 150 people.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pakistani delivery system capable of reaching the West:

Old 11-04-2007, 01:26 PM

Wouldn't India be a more likely target? Also, isn't this declaration of emergency an attempt to reign in the religious extremist elements?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It cracks me up when people say things like 'they don't have a delivery system'. Our borders are like a sieve, any broke-down cargo ship can have one in the hold.

To the poster who mentioned that India may have more to worry about than the West does: This feeds a fantasy of mine: A billion screaming Hindus sweeping in from the East meets up with our army coming in from the West right in the middle of Iran. Take care of the problem once and for all.

There's also something I find strange. Back in my NYC days I knew a fair number of Pakistanis who had small construction companies that did repair work for mine. To a person they were polite, hard-working types and didn't display any kind of weirdness. It was a big surprise to me that their country turned out to be chock-full of nut-cases.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It cracks me up when people say things like 'they don't have a delivery system'. Our borders are like a sieve, any broke-down cargo ship can have one in the hold.

To the poster who mentioned that India may have more to worry about than the West does: This feeds a fantasy of mine: A billion screaming Hindus sweeping in from the East meets up with our army coming in from the West right in the middle of Iran. Take care of the problem once and for all.

There's also something I find strange. Back in my NYC days I knew a fair number of Pakistanis who had small construction companies that did repair work for mine. To a person they were polite, hard-working types and didn't display any kind of weirdness. It was a big surprise to me that their country turned out to be chock-full of nut-cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh
Old 11-04-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back in my NYC days I knew a fair number of Pakistanis who had small construction companies that did repair work for mine. To a person they were polite, hard-working types and didn't display any kind of weirdness. It was a big surprise to me that their country turned out to be chock-full of nut-cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their country is no more full of nut-cases than ours. Ours just seem normal to those who are around them all the time.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Back in my NYC days I knew a fair number of Pakistanis who had small construction companies that did repair work for mine. To a person they were polite, hard-working types and didn't display any kind of weirdness. It was a big surprise to me that their country turned out to be chock-full of nut-cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their country is no more full of nut-cases than ours. Ours just seem normal to those who are around them all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sense there is much negative energy and angst surrounding you based on the hostilities and assumptions provided by your reply. May I recommend Feng Shui: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_shui.

My grandmother cured cancer by moving the end table to the other side of the loveseat, and by changing the color of the curtains to green.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:39 PM

Having a military dictator who stifles all opposition, bans protest and demonstration and makes democratic change an impossibility while supporting the policies of a country that many of the population feel is at war against all Muslims is a sure fire way of creating radicals.
There is no democratic process soon the judicial protest will be shut down how are the people to supposed to affect change?
I’m sure that Musharraf will tell the west that he is the only thing standing between Pakistan’s nuclear weapons and a horde of evil radicals bent on destruction but the truth is the longer his in power and the less the peoples views are reflected in Pakistan’s policies the more the people will turn towards radical Islam as it will be the only form of opposition.
Also the distinction between the north of Pakistan and the south of Afghanistan is a western one to the people of that region they’re all Pashtun and the war in Afghanistan is a war against their people.
One last thing the IMF’s insistence in the 1990s that Pakistan follow a financial austerity package in order to pay back its foreign debts lead to the removal of all state funding for schooling the result was Saudi money poured in to fund Wahabie Madrassas.