Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Times that your parents have embarrassed you

[ QUOTE ]
Funny how everyone replying in the thread is young. Wait til you get older. You will realize that your parents never did anything to embarrass you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm nearly 40.

My parents were VERY embarrassing.

I came home from college for a holiday (Christmas I think). I'd had my left ear pierced (this is about 20 years ago) while away.

My mother very seriously asked me if it meant I was gay.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:40 PM

My parents are pretty cool, I don't have any memories of them embarrassing me--they have always been the type that my friends loved to be around. They weren't intrusive and didn't try real hard but were/are social and likable to all of my friends. I always felt sorry for some of my other friends b/c there were plenty of times when I felt uncomfortable at their house b/c their parents were huge tools.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Funny how everyone replying in the thread is young. Wait til you get older. You will realize that your parents never did anything to embarrass you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm nearly 40.

I came home from college for a holiday (Christmas I think). I'd had my left ear pierced (this is about 20 years ago) while away.

[/ QUOTE ]
well it does, or am i stating the obvious here?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm nearly 40.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not embarrassing. That's asking a legitimate question. DUCY?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:58 PM

Last summer, I had most of my friends over for a regular fun poker game. My parents, who've been fighting a lot, struck it up pretty good. Lots of yelling, cursing, my mom tried to leave and the old man wouldn't let her...lots of standing behind the car in his underwear...slamming of things...All while the players were making their way up my drive way /into my house...Probably one of my most embarassed moments...
Old 10-28-2007, 08:05 PM

My mom used to embarrass me all the time. When we were out at the mall or shopping somewhere she would act like she was retarded and start dragging her leg and twist up her arms while calling my name loudly with a distorted face/voice. Looking back now I think it's hilarious but at the time it sucked.

Then there's the not so funny embarrassing stuff. About 5-6 yrs. ago we had a big party(kind of a Hawaiian theme) with everyone from me and my gf's family there plus friends and stuff, buried a pig, etc. My mom had too much to drink and got in an argument with my sister, something so minor and random that I can't even remember what it was about. She ended up throwing the remains of the pig, head and all, at my sister. Good times.

I actually have a billion of these stories, not surprisingly alot involve alcohol.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:30 PM

Between the ages of about twelve and sixteen anything your parents do is excruciatingly lame and embarrassing and I think some times parents just like to use this to their advantage and amuse them selves at the expense of their ingrate kids.
One time as a young teenager I was forced into a shopping trip with my mum I suspect id been acting aloof and annoying because as we proceeded back toward home on foot we saw some of my friends I sped up to get away from my mum and try not to be seen with her. When I thought it safe to turn around and speak to her I found her wearing a pair of knickers on her head that she had just purchased on the trip it was clearly a message to me that ignoring her and pretending she wasn’t my mum was rude and annoying and would be punished.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm embarrassed any time my mom posts on 2p2. I'm sure she will show up in this thread to embarrass me more.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, Hello son!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] how about times your kid embarrassed you?? His 2nd birthday party I threw a big family dinner and when his uncle showed up Imsa decided the uncle had a scary face or something and burst out crying and spent the rest of the night in his bedroom - very embarrassing. Then I had him at the neighborhood pool and I was talking to the lifeguard while holding him and he proceeded to throw up half-eaten hot dogs into the pool! They had to close the pool down. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 08:52 PM

people having their moms post on here is beyond weird.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last summer, I had most of my friends over for a regular fun poker game. My parents, who've been fighting a lot, struck it up pretty good. Lots of yelling, cursing, my mom tried to leave and the old man wouldn't let her...lots of standing behind the car in his underwear...slamming of things...All while the players were making their way up my drive way /into my house...Probably one of my most embarassed moments...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah same here. Happened only once though. I was gonna say 'but I'm still pissed about it' but only now I realized the feeling they get whenever they think about what must've gone through that little boy's head (EDIT happened when I was 10 or 11 and had a friend over) is more then enough [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Now that you made me dig up this memory I actually feel embarrassed for them for the first time.

Most of my other embarrassed by my parents moments actually involve being put in my place by my parents, or me fearing that others would think I'm a little kid who can't do xyz on his own.