Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Trip Report: The tables are open

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
--Rake is standard 10% up to $4 on limit tables, and $5 per 1/2 hr time charge on NL, which is disappointing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This actually sounds like a good deal for the 1/2 NL, given that hands/hr will be a lot higher than at a hand-dealt table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing
Old 11-12-2007, 12:25 PM

PR on Poker Pro Installation at Mohegan Sun

It appears they're going to be 100% automated, no actual dealers.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who likes playing with chips and cards that's a little disappointing. Given the savings on dealer salary and benefits though I'm not surprised. Especially if people like me play anyway (as I guess will be the case since epoker is better than no poker).

Plus, if even some of the rumors about why the room was shut down in the first place are true the epoker tables would present some piece of mind for M.S.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who likes playing with chips and cards that's a little disappointing. Given the savings on dealer salary and benefits though I'm not surprised. Especially if people like me play anyway (as I guess will be the case since epoker is better than no poker).

Plus, if even some of the rumors about why the room was shut down in the first place are true the epoker tables would present some piece of mind for M.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that. It would be tougher on the players to prove cheating on E-tables, if somene figures out how to do it.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that. It would be tougher on the players to prove cheating on E-tables, if somene figures out how to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is third hand but the problems at Mohegan Sun (resulting in the closing of their old poker room) had little to do with player cheating.

~ Rick
Old 11-12-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My understanding is third hand but the problems at Mohegan Sun (resulting in the closing of their old poker room) had little to do with player cheating.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is similarly removed from first-hand experience but, yeah, I wasn't really referring to cheating so much as other corruption among the staff and players.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an angle that was run many, many times on the e-tables at HP. In NLHE you always had to confirm a bet so players would press the AI button, the "chips" would flash out in front of him, and he'd gauge the reaction of the other player. He would then usually retract the bet and check or fold. It really distracted from the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the sort of thing that can be fixed or changed by software. For example, the bets/chips don't have to be shown at all until "confirm" is pressed. Another option is to display the stacking off behind the display of cards. Pressing "confirm" would push the chips well in front of the players cards unmistakenly signifying a player's exact bet. An eTable could actually demonstrate and promote proper betting!

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the eTables do at Mohegan Sun with Foxwoods about fifteen minutes away but no other poker tables in the room. My guess (as someone else mentioned) is that no limit at $5 per half hour could be attractive. But limit at the same per hand rake (as Foxwoods) with a much faster game might not be.

They still have to run the cardroom correctly as there is more required of a good cardroom staff than simply dealing games. I wonder any lessons were learned at Hollywood Park?

~ Rick
Old 11-12-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is the right read of the press release. The release says that, at Mohegan, PokerPro has completed a 100% automated installation with 12 tables.

The new room at Mohegan is not slated to open until the spring, and it's supposed to be 40+ tables. It's true that PokerPro has installed a fully automated room at Mohegan, but I believe there is still supposed to be a larger, hand-dealt, House of Blues-themed poker room coming in a few months.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:21 AM

I agree. I think the tables might be served to play a side role as TT said a few months ago. Having the Poker Tek tables handle the satellites and the sngs might be good for the card room.

Still I, I fear that management is going to screw this up somehow. Let's hope that I am wrong.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:40 AM

I was there Friday night and it really isnt a room. It was a former BJ Pit converted and only 4 of the 12 tables were open with slots within 10 ft of all them. As for their new room the floor people are being told it will be up and running late spring.