Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 02:13 AM

Default 25nl When should I be scared with KK?

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $10.17
BB: $23.64
Hero (UTG): $53.32
MP: $56.22
CO: $10.42
BTN: $23.40

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 25.8/15/3</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.55) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $8.00</font>, hero?

Just a sanity check. Should I be stacking off every time here against this player? I could put him on an over pair between the board and KK a good percentage of the time but does this outweigh the times he holds 2-pair/sets?

Should I try and see a showdown cheaply, or try and get my stack in for max value?

Flame on.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: 25nl When should I be scared with KK?

Everything you've done so far is basically standard, so there's nothing to flame.

A set is possible, but so are PPs and big draws. There's even some chance he's making a play with, like, QsJs because he figures you probably just have overcards.

But mostly I'm thinking worse PP, set, or pair + draw (77, 44, 22), with some chance of a hand like Tc9c.

I guess you could call and see if that freezes him up, which would leave you the option of folding the turn if he pushes there (or, alternatively, would encourage him to keep firing with a worse hand if you don't think he'll recognize your flop call as a show of strength). But I think I would push.

FWIW, I think if you get to showdown cheaply, that means you're winning.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:42 AM

Don't really like this situation at all. Everything seems wrong. You dont want to fold KK on that board, calling seems too weak and you get no information, and if you raise you could be raising a monster and be dead to 2 outs. With no reads I am either folding or pushing. There are 3 different ways you can look at this:
1. He is Raising to protect his hand. Maybe 56 or even 47 from a flush draw, although i dont think he raises there with 47.
2. He feels you have high cards and will go away. He could be holding a pair of sixes or maybe a straight/flush draw. Maybe even 7s or 8s.
3. He knows you have a big hand and thinks this is the best way to get payed off.

2/3 of these are not favorable for you, and the other he still has outs. You don't have much invested so I just fold and get it in better.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:51 AM

There is only two overpairs that I wouldn't have reraised you with preflop and I don't know how keen I'd be to reraise an UTG raiser with them on the flop, and if he's got a drawing hand he's called you with it HU to an UTG raiser, on that basis I'd give him credit for a set with little invested.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:58 AM

Thanks guys. Maybe I should start re-thinking my strategy against these solid TAG players because I have to think how I would play in their situation. I certainly would not be check-raising an UTG limper (who had a very tight image) lightly. Against anyone else I think this would be an instant push. I just don't think I am ahead enough here but it just feels weak to fold.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:01 AM

yup, fold here. looks like 2pair or better.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:40 AM

I fold AA and KK basically never post flop. But this is a bad situation against this guy. This guy probably calls with a lot of suited cards in this spot, so a draw is more likely than a set. But I donīt think he goes aggro with a draw every time, but even with a naked fd he has a lot of equity. And a set has you drawing to 2 outs. Also, this is multiway, so your cb has that little extra credibility. I would actually fold this. But if it was hu to the flop and with a bit of history with the guy I would stick it in even vs this guy.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:24 AM

Nice point about the c-bet appearing strong.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:43 AM

i like folding the flop too
Old 07-14-2007, 04:48 AM

I call the flop and take advantage of us being in position.