Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 08:54 PM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything
Default BetCascade solvency

before cascade started really tanking early this year, they posted a bunch of very bad MLB futures lines with a $2000 max. i rarely say no to free money, so i hit them up on the diamondbacks, brewers, rockies, indians, et al.

as the playoffs draw near and the need to hedge arises, i'm wondering what chance i'll have of actually receiving my payout if i get (un?)lucky and one of those teams advances. does anyone here have inside knowledge of the situation and can estimate what percentage of the time they pay out? or should i just wait until people actually start receiving the checks cascade promised to send out in "a couple of weeks"?

perhaps the best solution is to take the funds from my season wins and division winner bets and use that to hedge. that way, if they screw me, at least i was never getting paid to begin with.

anyone?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: BetCascade solvency

If I was setting a line, never seeing that money ever again is about -185 in my semiexpert opinion on this matter.

I would conduct all future activity with the assumption that those bets never even happened.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:58 PM

you might want to check sbrforum... they have several threads about the situation at cascade... I believe Lenny (the owner/manager or whatever) popped in there a couple days ago... good luck with your money there...
Old 08-27-2007, 12:13 AM

Well it could go the way of WWTS.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well it could go the way of WWTS.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:50 PM

One of the things you have working for you is the football season cranking up right about the time your wagers will be graded. Hopefully, when all is said and done, you will be one of the Ponzi scheme winners in all of this mess.

FWIW, I blew through several thousand there back in my whoring days (and never cashed), so maybe you can just ask them for ole bevo_stevo's foot tall stack of twenties and we'll call everything even. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]