Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

not sure if james has shown to be smart enough (Strategically) to come up with that plan. however, a little help from jeff probst asking the right questions prior to a challenge could spark the idea in the other tribe. all depends on how much they hate jean-robert though
Old 10-19-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Peih-Gee, Jaime, and Erik would have been much better served taking the automatic wins and trying to form new alliances. It's more uncertain, but doesn't require nearly as many things to fall together prefectly for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. They don't know how tight Aaron and James are with the other tribe, so this strategy would be a big gamble also to just try and buddy up with them. They really wouldn't know where they stood until later on in the game when a big vote was on the line.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's just say that PG/Jamie's tribe won last night's challenge. If they didn't throw it due to the lead James/Erik gave them they were a lock to win.

Okay, the other tribe goes to tribal, definitely votes out Frosti so we are left with (JRB/Courtney/Todd/Amanda/Denise/Sherea) in that tribe versus (Erik/Jamie/PG/Aaron/James).

I don't believe for a second they would elect to choose Frosti over JRB just because JRB is annoying. Todd/Amanda aren't stupid and they know Frosti is tight with the PG/Jamie/Erik side.

So let's say the Jamie side then wins next week because frankly they can every week because of James.

JRB's tribe goes to tribal and votes out Sherea because once again even though JRB is annoying they don't want Sherea around because she'll LIKELY go back to Jamie/PG's side. I know she's a semi-loner but that's what Todd/Amanda (who are the brains of the operation) would fear.

So lets say they merge at 10.

Todd/Amanda/Courtney/Aaron (strong four alliance)

Erik/Jamie/PG (strong three alliance).

JRB/James/Denise (floaters). JRB is tight with James. James respects/likes (lol) Denise.

All the Jamie/Erik/PG group has to do is offer an alliance with James, who then would get JRB (who hates Todd/Courtey/Amanda) and the lunch lady Denise (who loves James and doesn't seem to be tight with Todd).

James would be happy winning challenges and would welcome a chance to not be targeted by joining up with Erik/PG/Jamie.

So a new alliance of Erik/Jamie/PG/James/JRB/Denise would then pluck off Aaron/Todd/Amanda/Courtney.

Given this situation I think it was a bad move by PG/Jamie. They under-estimated the James factor. His

A) Ability to win challenges.
B) The fact that he's a loner but even though he's a loner has pull with the lunch lady and JRB and that those two are looking for alliances because they are outside the Aaron/Todd/Courtney/Amanda contingent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. For PG/Jaime/Erik to go with this plan, they would have to look ahead a few weeks, and assume that they could team up with James/JRB/Denise. How are they supposed to know that they can get James during the merge?

I think from their POV, Jaime and PG made the right play.

Strategy while playing Survivor is different while actually playing it, than when you are watching it on TV and you get to see that James isn't super tight with anyone but Denise and JRB.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:22 PM

I was praying they would get to tribal and say "the two people from the other tribe are protected this week, you must vote for anyone except james and aaron"

then jeff said 'you're making a big assumption' and i was like HERE IT COMES and it never came.

very disappointing. they cannot let james get kicked off as i think he is the viewer favorite (similar to rupert and stuff)
Old 10-20-2007, 12:41 AM

anyone see this yet?

hahahahahahaah!!!!

Old 10-20-2007, 02:08 AM

JRB taking charge!
Old 10-20-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure if james has shown to be smart enough (Strategically) to come up with that plan. however, a little help from jeff probst asking the right questions prior to a challenge could spark the idea in the other tribe. all depends on how much they hate jean-robert though

[/ QUOTE ]

All James has to do really (considering he now has nothing to lose) is yell over to his former tribe at the next reward challenegs and say that his knew tribe threw the challenger to vote our aaron and him so that they will have the numbers at the merge.

James could then say the WILL have the numbers unless you guys throw the immunity challenge....

I mean James has credibility, and the other side knew the other tribe didn't try to win the puzzle, so it might work. At any rate, James has nothing to lose.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:25 AM

The other tribe should be able to figure out what's going on anyway. Out of all the people in the other tribe somebody will at least be suspicious about what just happened, enough to where seeing the new tribe -Aaron at the reward challenge should confirm what they're thinking. Then they have an entire day or two or however long it is between reward and immunity to decide what they want to do about it. So I think they will have all the information and enough time to analyze all of their possible plays and really pick the best one. Only problem is those guys wanted James out before the merge anyway, they have no reason to believe James would remain loyal to any of them, and in fact may put more trust in Frosti/Sherea. Getting Aaron out before James was a good play.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:41 AM

lol i cant even picture who amanda is in my head... i need to go look on the site and see..

wow she's cute. i dont remember a thing about her.

i wish the immunity idol didnt exist it taints the game too much. if you watch old seasons they are more pure competition and strategizing.

i hate to say it but gay guy is top 3 for sure unless he does something really dumb. he cant win though, he will be hated by the jury.

that said one thing i like about this season is i do feel like there's a lot of potential for surprises, i really dont know who will form smart alliances when the merge comes, and who will excel at the challenges provided they are smart enough to get rid of james, frosti, and the other guy asap. i think there is the best chance this season for a girl to win in a long time.

ive always liked when survivor is the weakest players picking off the strong ones, i like that underdog element and the idea that someone who is unassuming and weak can somehow win. the seasons where the dominant strong leader type player actually wins are boring and anticlimactic (like the one where fireman tom won, worst season ever, or last season when yul won). a good survivor would be with all the 2nd and 3rd place players competing as they were usually the most manipulative, weak, oddball players.

i like mullet lady. im sad her alliance with james ended early. (probably).
Old 10-25-2007, 05:01 PM

Airs in 3 hours....Bump