Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
i look forward to seeing how James acts next week. If I was him I would eat every bit of food they had.

[/ QUOTE ]

James needs to communicate to his original tribe what took place, and get them to try to throw the next challenge also. The problem is that James will have to compete against Frosti and Sherea in the next challenge, if all other competitors give no effort.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:59 AM

That was a sick [censored] twist. I don't blame Jamie and PG for throwing it as much as the producers for not thinking it through. When the producers realized what was happening they should have thrown a monkey wrench in their plan and kicked somebody off at random (and secretly made sure PG was the "random" one).

Next week James should quit the game before the challenge. Does anybody remember if they still vote somebody off when a member quits? I'm pretty sure its happened at least once before but I don't remember how it played out.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:05 AM

Osten from Survivor 6 or 7 gave up like a little bitch and quit at tribal council. They did not vote anyone else out.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:31 AM

James is an absolute beast. how funny was it when he said he was attracted to the lunch lady? that was one of the funniest moments to me in Survivor history.

I hated the twist like everyone here has said, I echo all thoughts on it.

Updated odds for final 3:

Todd- 7:1 (decent alliance positions with Amanda/Courtney)
Amanda- 6:1 (amazing position and still my pick to win, slowly creeping through, I don't see how she will be voted out in the next four episodes)
James: 28:1 (doneso-even if he makes the merge he's gone unless he wins every immunity, wayyy too much of a threat)
Denise: 16:1 (decent position, interesting to see where she goes alliance wise, looks to have no chance in any type of individual immunity challenge)
PG: 20:1 (her throwing the challenge has her as a target if James gets to the merge--James will spread the word on it and she will be punished)
Jamie: 16:1 (same as PG but her relationship with Erik+her personality buy her an extra three days over PG)
Erik: 15:1 (likely will outlast PG, Jamie because people will be pissed about their plan/antics-also has a chance to maybe win an individual immunity if Frosti/James are eliminated before the merge or early into the merge)
JRB: 16:1 (simply too hated to make it to the final 3-looks like he'll go out with around seven to go-people will just have enough)
Sherea: 20:1 (the kidnap helped her and she is probably gonna stick around for another two weeks since Frosti is more of a target, coupled with the fact that the other tribe might throw another challenge...she's not really a threat either...if there was no kidnap she would be in sequester)
Frosti: 17:1 (too much of a physical threat to last to the final three...hurt by the kidnap)
Courtney (look out-she's all of a sudden a potential deep threat, very helped by the kidnap. If there was no kidnap she likely would have been voted out due to her pathetic weakness in challenges. Todd/Amanda can bring her very far and she's good to keep around once the individuals start since she is an absolute no factor.)- 10:1
Old 10-19-2007, 09:45 AM

Let's just say that PG/Jamie's tribe won last night's challenge. If they didn't throw it due to the lead James/Erik gave them they were a lock to win.

Okay, the other tribe goes to tribal, definitely votes out Frosti so we are left with (JRB/Courtney/Todd/Amanda/Denise/Sherea) in that tribe versus (Erik/Jamie/PG/Aaron/James).

I don't believe for a second they would elect to choose Frosti over JRB just because JRB is annoying. Todd/Amanda aren't stupid and they know Frosti is tight with the PG/Jamie/Erik side.

So let's say the Jamie side then wins next week because frankly they can every week because of James.

JRB's tribe goes to tribal and votes out Sherea because once again even though JRB is annoying they don't want Sherea around because she'll LIKELY go back to Jamie/PG's side. I know she's a semi-loner but that's what Todd/Amanda (who are the brains of the operation) would fear.

So lets say they merge at 10.

Todd/Amanda/Courtney/Aaron (strong four alliance)

Erik/Jamie/PG (strong three alliance).

JRB/James/Denise (floaters). JRB is tight with James. James respects/likes (lol) Denise.

All the Jamie/Erik/PG group has to do is offer an alliance with James, who then would get JRB (who hates Todd/Courtey/Amanda) and the lunch lady Denise (who loves James and doesn't seem to be tight with Todd).

James would be happy winning challenges and would welcome a chance to not be targeted by joining up with Erik/PG/Jamie.

So a new alliance of Erik/Jamie/PG/James/JRB/Denise would then pluck off Aaron/Todd/Amanda/Courtney.

Given this situation I think it was a bad move by PG/Jamie. They under-estimated the James factor. His

A) Ability to win challenges.
B) The fact that he's a loner but even though he's a loner has pull with the lunch lady and JRB and that those two are looking for alliances because they are outside the Aaron/Todd/Courtney/Amanda contingent.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:54 AM

They should have instituted a rule, by the way, that the "2 strongest players" were immune from last night's vote so that it didn't turn into an alliance fest trying to get rid of the two new players. That would have shaken things up a little.

This would at least protect them a little and not made the twist ridiculously stupid.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:25 PM

Grunching thread,

Jamie pissed me off. It's one thing to play smart, maybe, but being a giggling bitch about it is weaksauce.

I hope the producers find some way to screw those 2. This show isn't exactly reflecting on women in a terribly positive light.

JRB needs to work on being less transparent.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:05 PM

For the person who asked for a run-down of what happened, you can watch full episodes on cbs.com. If not:

Erik and Jaime confessed to having crushes on each other. Erik said he's a virgin. Jaime said there's an immunity idol on the island. [Thus begins the downfall of yet another naive schmuck at the hands of a conniving woman.]

James said that Denise--the lunch lady--is a hard worker, which he finds attractive. He said that if she were a few years younger, or if he were older, "she'd be in trouble!" [One of the all-time best lines in Survivor history.]

The tribes were given notes saying they could kidnap two members of the other tribe to come join them.

The yellow tribe chose the obvious: James and Aaron.

The red tribe chose Frosti and Sherea. They picked Sherea because "she's tall."

When James and Aaron join the yellows, Aaron is being coy about the red team, so Peih-Gee and Jaime don't trust him.

When Frosti and Sherea join the reds, JRB gets up early to cook and the tribe immediately begins to badmouth him. [How stupid.] Frosti is soaking it all up, trying to figure out the alliances.

Sherea vows to use the switch as an opportunity to turn over a new, hard-working leaf.

Then she sleeps in.

JRB cooks rice and suggests that Denise come help him string the net to catch some shrimp. Everyone jumps on him for giving out orders. So he then turns around and suggests that Sherea cook. Everyone jumps on him again. [Hard to tell who was at fault there, due to editing. JRB might be getting on everyone's nerves worse than we know, so they have short fuses with him. Or he may be stuck with a bunch of whiney bitches.]

Yellow team: Peih-Gee suggests to Jaime that they should throw the next two challenges. She thinks if they win with James and Aaron's help, then their old yellow teammates Frosti and Sherea will be voted off. Then when they merge at 10 players [her hunch] the old yellow tribe will be down to three, while the reds will have 7/10. [Not horrible reasoning, but she needs a lot of suppositions and hunches to pan out.]

At the challenge, Peih-Gee and Jaime literally throw the challenge when Jaime takes one of the puzzle pieces and tosses it off to the side. They giggle and dawdle and act like little schoolgirls, earning the ire of fat, geeky poker players the world over. James is pissed at camp afterward, and the girls continue laughing about the whole thing. Erik asks them what happened and they tell him they threw the challenge. [So much for trust between Jaime and Erik]

Peih-Gee magnaimously offers to let James stay a few more days and vote Aaron off first. James says 'F* that. If this is how you are going to play, send me home now.' [Further solidifying my man-crush on him.] Aaron doesn't have such scruples, and says he wants to stay, going so far as to say he's voting for James so neither of the girls get upset with him. [Probably sound, strategically, in case he can magically pull a miracle out of his ass in the next three days, but a bitch-move nonetheless.]

At tribal council James votes for Peih-Gee, Aaron votes for James, and Erik and the girls vote for Aaron. He's gone.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:07 PM

so now its 7-4. james pre immunity (if we're still doing teams cuz who knows) should be like listen old tribe, sit Frosti and Sherea and then 4 of the 5 of u throw the challenge and i will single handedly win. even if erik/jaimie/pg are trying to stop me. then if they merge at 10, its 6 original red v 4 original yellow and they can make it down the 6 original red (maybe a sub alliance getting rid of james early if he ever loses immunity) and at least the better tribe wins out in the end. if i were james at this point that is what i would do.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Instead, they chose to take out the two strongest players in the HOPE that their old tribe will be loyal to them, and in the HOPE that the merge will occur when they have in past shows, and in the HOPE that the two people they lost from their own tribe would be voted out first, and in the HOPE that there will be no new twists that could screw up their plan.

I think their plan would be OK if it was a last-dicth effort to save themselves, but they had the strongest group after reallignment, so why mess with that?

[/ QUOTE ]I agree. Peih-Gee's plan requires a lot of things to go their way to--at best--go into a merge deadlocked. The larger team doesn't usually pick off the smaller team. They start to, but things fall apart quickly. Even the few times the larger team did manage to hold together, it was often sheer luck or stupidity by the shortstacks that let them bumble along with their advantage.

Peih-Gee, Jaime, and Erik would have been much better served taking the automatic wins and trying to form new alliances. It's more uncertain, but doesn't require nearly as many things to fall together prefectly for them.