Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Tuff Fish Las Vegas trip report PartII

Day 4:

Day 4 was a bit more sedate. I arranged to meet my young Chinese friend and go over to the Rio.

We visited all the booths in the expo and stopped by the CardRunners booth.

Walked by the UB booth, she got an autograph from Annie Duke.

I was busy talking to one of the gals in the booth and missed the chance to get that picture. Dumb Tuff, fouling up again. We walked around a bit more. She was too shy to ask to get a picture with TJ Cloutier.

As we were leaving, we ran into Taylor and Andrew, so I finally got to introduce her to two really famous poker players. Mission accomplished.

We went over to O’Shea’s. Met “4_2_it” and a couple of his friends. “4_2_it” was killing that table holdem game. I would really like to see a computer simulation of that game. It appears on the surface to be winnable.

Her friends had left and she needed to crash for a couple of hours, so I left her up in my room to rest up a bit. I headed back to O’Shea’s. After the events of the last evening, I wasn’t about to hang around alone in a room with a young lady.

Found “4_2_it” and buddies again. Watched them play the table holdem game for a bit. Decided that I could probably break close to even and score some free screwdrivers. Sat down with them and some white haired older lady. The game is simple and the drinks were free. Was joined by the cougar lady that GoofyBaller apparently failed to score with a couple days later. Eventually won $20 and seven or eight screwdrivers. “4_2_it” and friends left for Red Rock, and I went to see my young friend off to the airport.

I went to try to take a nap, didn’t get much of one.

Went over to Caesar’s and played some $1-3 NL. I forgot to hit the safe deposit box before I left, so all I had was a couple hundred on me.

While I still had a full stack, got AA and got all in preflop. Turned over my AA only to see villain turn over HIS AA. #@$#@!!@#

Flopped AA 10 with A 10 in my hand. Absolutely no action even after flush hits.

Was joined at the table by a couple of P5’s moderators/reporters. I knew they recognized me because they very quickly went into turbo text messaging mode. We finally introduced ourselves formally. A couple of people at the table wanted to know what the big deal was. We told them I was famous.

“for what?

“I am the worlds most famous poker idiot”

“huh ?????”

“nevermind”

Eventually got short and pushed with top pair. Got called by a set of 9’s that made quads on the river. Not only did I lose all my money to villain, but Caesar’s gave him EVEN MORE money. High hand jackpot or some such nonsense. I asked the floorman what I got out of it. He replied “my condolences”. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

There was a big 2+2 party across the room, so I ambled over. Met Mason and who knows who else. My apologies, but you poker players all look alike to me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The girl in pink was a player at my table earlier. She knew the fellow in black, Michael I believe.

Ed and crew went to O’Shea’s for craps, but it was too crowded. They went off somewhere else and I went up and crashed.

Again, I would recommend Harrah’s for craps. Every time I took the shortcut (coolcut) through there, they seem to have a hot noisy game going.

5Th day.

Serious poker day.

Got up, had breakfast, and headed over to TI. Had never played there. Got into the $1-3 NL game after a short wait. Game was ok.

Then 2 drunk Swedes showed up and things got interesting indeed. One was fairly sober, the other was clearly in his cups, but maintaining fairly well. His style was raise $30 on any two. He would bet big if he caught any part of the flop, and would bluff some, but not as much as it might appear. And did he ever catch cards. He would make straights and two pairs hands you wouldn’t believe.

They both had gamble in them. One memorable pot was a showdown between the more sober one and Asian guy to my right. Both got all in on the turn. When the flush didn’t come, an approx $1000 pot went to the Swedes’s J high.

My confrontation was a 66 all in miracle. Pushed into decent pot with 66 against 245 rag flop. Got the third 6 on the turn, and a good thing because the drunk Swede had raised big with 45 and caught two pair on the flop.

Got my KK busted by two good draws calling my flop all in. Gal on my left won huge pot when she hit her gutshot. Drunk Swede also made 2 low pairs on the river, so I got beat in 2 places.

Lost $100 stupid by calling a straight down with a set of 10s.

Lost another $100 after stupidly misreading my hand. Thought I had JKs, flush comes on turn, only caught my mistake when I decided not to value bet the river since I would only get called by the A high flush. Showed down my worthless hand and his 77 won. The semi sober Swede would have folded to any bet I made.

In the end I got even, but I had played 10 hours in a good game and had nothing to show for it.

I was a bit down and by now I was Vegas’ed out. Went back to IP and called it a night. I did have a nice elevator ride with some new found friends.

Last Day:

I went over to the Rio to take one last look around. Shared a cab with two guys from Missouri. They had won their way in by winning a satellite of some sort back home.

Stopped by the CardRunner’s booth and chit chatted a bit. Taylor and Andrew came by on their way to the ME.

Headed out to the airport in hopes of catching an early flight. There were two earlier flights to San Diego. Both were sold out and one was giving comps for volunteers to stay and catch a flight the next day.

Beat: No chance of an early departure.
Brag: It is only 45 minutes air time Las Vegas to San Diego.
Beat: No drink service, turbulence too rough.

Lessons learned:

Play smarter poker.
Buy laptop with wireless and do a running trip report.
Know how to use your new bought camera and take good pics.

All in all A+++ trip, will do it again. (Providing Mrs. Fish doesn’t come across this thread somehow.)
Old 07-13-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Tuff Fish Las Vegas trip report PartII

Not read this yet and I already know I'm gonna love it.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:47 PM

I don't see why it's necessary to mention ethicities.

JK. Awesome TR.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:56 PM

Tuff,

I thought you would have cleaned out the games in Vegas.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:59 PM

Awesome TR++++ more people need to post TR's with less text and more photos like Tuff Fish!!!

A+++
Old 07-13-2007, 02:01 PM

if strong = weak this guy must have the nut low
Old 07-13-2007, 02:02 PM

paging dan bright.....
Old 07-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Great trip report, love the pictures.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:34 PM

Another nice TR
Old 07-13-2007, 05:36 PM

i was expecting your asian friend to be attractive though tuff, boo!!!