Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: October Brent and Scott Thread

Katy,

Back to a feminine avatar?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:12 PM

the coloring is not too good. I'm all upset about it. I'm looking for something better. Apparently a male avatar is freaking out some of our regulars.

Did you see Max and Karina?!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Billy Ray and his daughter were pretty cute too.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:21 PM

I haven't watched the results. I'm back in lab and probably will be until very late.

I think the thing w/ your avatar is that for almost all of the bona fide women on this site that use avatars, their avatars are at least somewhat feminine in quality. Sure, plenty of guys have females in their avatars, but the opposite isn't usually true. When you see an avatar that's so distinctly masculine as some hunky guy lighting a cigarette, you tend to think the poster is male, but then you see it's you?! Ooops. I know your thing was seeing if guys didn't take you seriously since you were a woman. Well, that's an interesting hypothesis, but if you want to really do that experiment, you shouldn't use a screen name that so clearly gives you away.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:47 PM

lol. Men! I want you to like me for my words not my avatar.

You guys do realize that diebitter does not look like the fonz right?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:09 PM

No one evaluates people for just their words in a single post. People evaluate posts in the context of what all they know about the person from their other posts. You do the same thing with people you know in the real world. You understand what they say in the context of what you know about them.

Your avatar is just a visual memory aid for who you are, what you post like, etc. When the picture doesn't fit, either because it's new and we haven't associated it with you, or because it conveys something very unlike what we think about you, it throws people off.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:21 PM

Like your new avatar better Katy. I don't know why guys don't want to take you seriously, or why you feel that way. I never observed that attitude. If they don't, why would you want their respect?

Speaking of new avatars...... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 PM

If you don't want to be associated with an avatar, don't use one. I hear that's very popular.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys do realize that diebitter does not look like the fonz right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's not get crazy.

I had no problem with the last avatar, though.

And since I was bored, I took the 20 seconds with mspaint to resize your current avatar so it's not so squished:

And before someone tells me that I should resize mine, well, I like to let people right-click and view image. We'll see what happens, though.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't want to be associated with an avatar, don't use one. I hear that's very popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

all the cool kids are doing it
Old 10-10-2007, 03:40 AM

Yesssssss! I'm at least 98% done w/ my coding project. I have just over 100 lines of code which constitute the last possible holdout for any lingering bugs, and preliminary tests indicate that there's a decent chance that they might actually be bug-free. Unfortunately, testing them thoroughly is a real bitch because these 100 lines basically amount to a whole lot of really complicated math. When you're checking the computer, it's really easy to make a mistake yourself in your check, etc. Still, everything else works perfectly, and I'm really stoked. By this time tomorrow (and hopefully earlier), I should be 100% done with all the coding. Then, I'll have to do is just start some calculations that actually use all the [censored] I wrote and make a presentation out of it all.
Closed Thread