Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Downhill

The forum has really gone greatly downhill in recent months, especially since the internet crisis has done away with many stud games. And with that, very few posted stud high hands(it realy is difficult to post hands from live games since it is too hard to remember all the cards to write about it later) and with that many of the experts or near expert players rarely post or respond anymore to posts on this forum.

Now, there just seems to be a lot of silly banter, crying about losing streaks or whatever. It would really be nice to see some good posts, if possible and I hope some of the expert players will come back and share their experience and knowledge with the rest. This used to be a really good forum. Now, it is just too much crap.

Maybe internet poker legistlation will open things up again sometime, but until then there are still many concepts that can get discussed here, even if one is not able to post specific hands.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Downhill

it seems like there is way more activity, but way less content. I dont get it.

I would post more hands but Andy made a comment a while back that made me think he didnt want hands from noobs, that we should just read a book.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:19 PM

I agree Stud and it is sad to see. The forum is now dominated by poster who are intent on insulting others, getting into arguments over nonsense, or trying to prove they are poker gods. Thia forum used to be the exception among Internet groups. I have lost interest in posting and participating as a result.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:51 PM

I've also slowed down my own posting for similar reasons here.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:05 PM

I agree. I'd post more but I just haven't been playing much Stud 8 lately. I've also been getting raped, but making a thread just about how bad I'm running seemed pointless and certainly wasn't going to make me start running good or miracle my money back to me.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:11 PM

I agree to an extent. I haven't posted as many hands as used to, but frankly I haven't been playing as much stud as I used to (since the Borgata hold em games have just been off the charts lately). I also am no longer able to post at work, so that limits how much time I can spend here. But I will do my best to contribute more.

Jeff
Old 02-25-2007, 10:13 PM

i find it much less important to post specific hands than it is to converse about general playing concepts.

the new ante thread posted by Andy B is a great one.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:43 PM

Well I admit that I probably have some leaks. For example, 3-flushes on 4'th street. I know the general consensus is to drop when you brick yourself there. At least Reese mentions this when the pot had not been re-raised on third, and you miss your flush card, and neither pair nor pick up a straight draw.

On the other hand.... Zee mentions that too many people automaticaly drop flush draws when bricking on 4'th and this is in fact a big leak. E.G. When your suits are still highly concentrated in the deck OR the pot is big OR going to get bigger still OR you have very bad players who will pay you off.

It's situational. And I suppose I could be making a few small errors in this department.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i find it much less important to post specific hands than it is to converse about general playing concepts.

the new ante thread posted by Andy B is a great one.

[/ QUOTE ]

To a certain extent I agree. I just replied in that thread and have no idea whether it's applicable or not. I do like the discussion's about general stuff though.

AS the OP said, posting live hands from memory is difficult. I was trying to post hands regularly but the truth is, other than the fact that I was playing 20-40 or 30-60, a lot weren't that interesting. The truth is it's a game full of bad players and the play of the hands strongly resemble the $1-2 level. There's just a lot more at stake.

I played 50-100 Stud8 the other night for the first time but felt like I had nothing to post because I'm new to the game and don't want to post basic stuff just to say "it's 50-100, etc." Maybe that's a mistake and even the mundane hands can keep the interest up.

I think there's a lot of very good players here and the best thing to do is just keep posting hands and be honest about whether they're interesting or not. If not, try another.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:22 PM

I just want to say the next person who wines about a 300BB downswing needs to STF and come back to me when they hit a 700+ BB downswing. We all get them eventually, I've seen it twice (second time was 600BB but close enough).

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]