Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: College Football Week 12

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
aren't you not allowed to take two timeouts in a row?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what i was thinking... wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

i know in the NFL its a 5 yard penalty, thought it was the same in college football
Old 11-17-2007, 03:39 AM

Is it possible to fire a hall-of-fame coach on the spot after one loss? This is really tilting me just how fukcking STUPID these coaches are.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to fire a hall-of-fame coach on the spot after one loss? This is really tilting me just how fukcking STUPID these coaches are.

[/ QUOTE ]
c'mon they wouldn't be coaching Nev and Hawaii if they were any good. SICK [censored] GAME THOUGH.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:45 AM

I'd say 98% of SE posters could have coached the end of the game better than Nevada did. That was unbelievably dumb. I don't see how anyone with an IQ over 40 who's ever played or coached football plays the end of the game that way.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:47 AM

That end of game clock management was all kinds of dumb, how can you become a division 1 head coach and not understand basic things like leaving yourself with enough time to come back should he make it? I'm also always surprised a player doesn't take it into his own hands and just call a timeout when something that egregiously stupid happens, someone on that sideline has to both have a little bit of intelligence and no respect for authority.

[ QUOTE ]
remember though there is an unbelievable amount of pressure. just b/c you can make the right call while you're playing madden or watching the game doesn't necessarily mean you won't overthink yourself when the clock is ticking and there is so much riding on your decision

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get flustered and can't handle a simple end of game situation, you really shouldn't be a head coach.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say 98% of SE posters could have coached the end of the game better than Nevada did. That was unbelievably dumb. I don't see how anyone with an IQ over 40 who's ever played or coached football plays the end of the game that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
remember though there is an unbelievable amount of pressure. just b/c you can make the right call while you're playing madden or watching the game doesn't necessarily mean you won't overthink yourself when the clock is ticking and there is so much riding on your decision
Old 11-17-2007, 03:52 AM

Iggy,

Edge34 accounts for a lot less than 2% of the sporting events forum.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:53 AM

This is honestly the equivalent of a poker player "cracking under pressure" and mucking the nuts when someone calls a clock on him because he couldn't read the board in time. It's unbelievably simple, you shouldn't be able to screw it up.

Actually, it's even worse than that. It's like there's a team of 10 people playing 50/100 NL together on a laptop and they all time out and muck the nuts because not one of them realizes that they should call.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Iggy,

Edge34 accounts for a lot less than 2% of the sporting events forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a conservative estimate. I usually try not to overestimate the average SE poster, but in this case, I think you might be right that the number's higher.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That end of game clock management was all kinds of dumb, how can you become a division 1 head coach and not understand basic things like leaving yourself with enough time to come back should he make it? I'm also always surprised a player doesn't take it into his own hands and just call a timeout when something that egregiously stupid happens, someone on that sideline has to both have a little bit of intelligence and no respect for authority.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get flustered and can't handle a simple end of game situation, you really shouldn't be a head coach.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never understood why people assume the pressure shouldn't be able to get to a head coach. They are human after all. Just as the best players shine in the clutch the best coaches do as well. The Nev coach made great decisions all game. He choked at the end, its that simple, its not like he's an idiot who has no idea of football strategy. This is why he is not getting paid 7 figures to coach a major program.