Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Beyond UIGEA, regs, Kyl et al., etc.

I would like to introduce a topic and ask a few questions which I think will gain the most traction in this, the legislation forum, and certainly be met with the most informative feedback.
I'd really like to compliment some of the forum's regulars like Skallagrim, OldBookGuy, a few others, and particularly The Engineer not only for their intrepid work in advocating for the cause, but also simply for their continuous thought-provoking posts and ideas. It is to these individuals primarily that I am addressing this post, and to the others who have read, used, and enjoyed this forum as sort of a "safe haven" from the rapidly increasing retardation and pettiness which most 2p2 forums are beginning to typify. Thank you all again for your presence.

I guess the best way to begin is by saying that I am a poker player and not much else, and I am proud of that. As such, I am not planning to stop playing, at any cost, no matter what law is passed or what politician [read: whore] is in office. I know a lot of other players who feel exactly the same as I do.

It is obvious to me that what is being attempted in this country is simply thinly-veiled fascism. To say that I am disgusted by it is an understatement of the highest order. The main difference between myself and the posters I referenced in my introductory paragraph I guess is that I do not believe it can be stopped or counteracted in any way. I am very deeply ashamed of what this country is becoming, not to mention the world at large, and I have determined simply to live my life as I see fit, subtly, quietly, "off the radar". It sickens me that the assumption implicit in all spheres of American life nowadays is that we are subjects of the state.

I am wondering what, as of right now, you guys think is going to happen. I am not going to stop playing poker. Lawmakers are no longer even relevant to me. I just want you guys to tell me what I can expect. Will there always be a way to cash out? To move money between sites? Or is it these utilities that they are actually targeting? I'm looking for some reasonable future projections. I'd like to get several takes and envision several scenarios. Thank you all.