Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you are a white male, have you ever had sex with an Asian female?
No 36 83.72%
Yes 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 6/7

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it'd be nice if you'd do something with that token system for tournaments.

ie. being able to unregister and get cash

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I love the token system... I used to be the grinder playing all the low stakes T$ and W$ tourneys at pokerstars and selling my seats but right now fulltilt gets almost all my business for SnGs and tourneys because of the token system... After realizing that I was giving up a large amount of EV to exploiters like cashmanbrian, and his many clones, (for both my seats and the many fish I put in these tourneys everyday who then turn around and sell the seat they just stoled from me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) I found the steps tourneys at partypoker (which, BTW, were hugely popular) and I fell in love with being forced into playing slightly higher stakes instead of backing out and selling my own seat for less then it was worth... The variance is obviously much higher but, if you're a winning player (with a decent bankroll), the +EV is worth the extra gamble...

<getting on soap box>

Right now the token system at fulltilt is the only thing that is close to this for US players... The variance is obviously much higher but the reward of hitting a big win makes up for it, in my opinion... It gives the low stakes players something to gamble for without the giant risk... I guess, when they change (hopefully if?), I will have to look at all the identical systems out there at the other sites to decide which one is best?!?

I also don't get why the all the poker sites think they need to be direct clones of each other (ie tourney dollars are already readily available at pstars, ub, and bodog... off the top of my head...) I always thought competition lead to much more variety for the consumer... guess this doesn't extend to the online pokersites...

The only people I see the T$ system being an advantage for are the people who play the low limit token tourneys with the intent of grinding away without ever playing the tourneys they won seats for... For the life of me I don't get why these people who want cash for their seats don't stick to cash tourneys as the screen is lite up with choices for them at all limits... Hell, they can all go over to pokerstars and get exactly what they are asking for...

Personally, I would love to see fulltilt add $215 tokens, instead of moving to the identical systems as everyone else... This gets rid of the problem of people being stuck in big tourneys without the ability to change... (Plus, right now, you get cash for every seat you win after the first)... For those who want money for seats they should try what the rest of the world does and play the cash tourneys and SnGs... (Although this might drop their ROI from 3% to 2%) Sats should be for people wanting to play bigger tourneys not someone wanting to grind away at twelve $4, $6, and $8 sngs at a time without any intention of playing in bigger tourneys...

Anyhow, it would be nice if one site would think about the rest of their players once instead of accommodating every wish and whim of the low limit (and multitabling) nits... Keep bending over for these cats and you will drive away all the fish who actually keep the games alive (and then you can watch your high rake generating nits leave too)...

<climbing off soap box>

If these players want to unregister for a tourney they should get exactly what they choose to play for... a seat to another tourney at the same buy in....
Old 06-07-2007, 04:32 PM

<----- logs off quickly before shooting himself. Puleez fix this.

BTW, Douggie, can we get a "sit out next blind" button like they have a stars for the speed games. It is very difficult to time it right when playing many tables. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<----- logs off quickly before shooting himself. Puleez fix this.

BTW, Douggie, can we get a "sit out next blind" button like they have a stars for the speed games. It is very difficult to time it right when playing many tables. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't just unclicking "auto-post blinds" work the same way?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:36 PM

I 12 table ftp and never got this "lag." What is it?

I guess i could just log on and now see it in action, but i'm at work.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:41 PM

omg please roll back I never lagged before its unbearable now
Old 06-07-2007, 04:47 PM

I can safely say that people would be getting murdered if I lived within reasonable traveling distance of FTP. I must have been timed out atleast 20 times over the course of 1k hands this morning costing me around 2 buy ins. It is 1 44 pacific time and I continue to get timed out. Gives new meaning to the word unreal.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:47 PM

Wish I'd have looked on here before I registered for 4 tournaments. Now I'm on full blown lag tilt.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:48 PM

I've never really had any lag trouble, but this is terrible
Old 06-07-2007, 04:49 PM

Well, I guess since FTP was having trouble dealing with their growth, this is one way to deal with it... make the software so crappy no one will play there. Viola! No "growth" problem.

I suppose alternativly you could invest in infrastructure and decent programmers, but meh, that just sounds like a hastle.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must have been timed out atleast 20 times over the course of 1k hands this morning costing me around 2 buy ins.

[/ QUOTE ]Well whatever you do don't stop playing or switch sites. Because that would make sense.