Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: I\'m almost Busto!

[ QUOTE ]
The crying bulletin board.

Oh my god, some people lost some money at gambling and are having a losing streak. What an unlikly situation to occur. I think the solution about it is to cry to everyone about it. I think that will help fix the problem.

Excuse my lack of sensitivity to this, but this is gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the UK we have a saying: a liberal is a conservative who has not been mugged {'mugging' is a street robbery'} yet...

So you are just a stud player who has not gone through a downswing big enough yet but you will...
Old 02-24-2007, 10:59 AM

Excellent point Southerndog, and it very much applies to the OP's point. Games are shrinking up and good players are forced to play down. Thus causing headaches for borderline players. Poor Lawyer vs Big Al. A bloodbath, especially on 4th and 5th street play.

I would not call it the most important skill, but its up there. And it vey much applies, and the ones who dismiss it will end up crying.

Anyone for a little $30 "Nas", 5 way, automatic presses. All trash is in play, $10 a pop.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:49 PM

i remember a quote from seven card stud for advanced players...

it went something like

stud attracts alot of bad players because every once in a while they can make a big score, but surely they'll go broke in the long run
Old 02-24-2007, 02:17 PM

Lack of good games is about to put me into retirement I fear. It seems to be getting increasingly difficult to find games worth sitting in. Hate to admit it, but Frist and the rest of his jackass friends are killing the game.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Game selection is the most important skill in all of poker. If you're sitting at a table, and you don't see people making glaring mistakes, leave the game. Otherwise, you're paying the rake at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only sensible thing you have written.

If only it applied...

Are you still doing your bicep curls each time you suffer a bad beat thus turning negative energy into positive... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Al, you STUPID POS SUCKING AT POKER LOSER.

Let's look at your posts in that infamous thread:

"Hiya southerndog,

Simply put, at an eight player table you should be winning one hand in eight, that is, you should win 12.5% of your hands (100/8=12.5); at a ten player table you should be winning one hand in ten, that is, you should win 10% of your hands (100/10=10); in a heads up game you should be winning one hand in two, that is you should win 50% of your hands (100/2=50). All this somewhat rudimentary maths is based on the assumption that the cards allow you to do this. The point I am making is that I was playing in a eight player game but winning as if I was playing in a ten player game. If I had been winning as if it was heads up I would be reporting a huge upswing to you all (but I am not vain so would not ). Conclusion: I was card dead.

I hope this has clarified the point but more than willing to post again about it if need be, just ask..."

WRONG

"Oh by the way, hourly rate is a median and famously medians do not exist. Sometimes you win $1 over a session sometimes $444 you average it out and you get your median which in this case is one's hourly rate."

Wrong

"I deny the suggestion that I tilted. The statistics do not bear that up. "

Again, another fundamental lack of understanding.

Al, I'm sorry to say it, but your IQ is probably pretty low, and you are likely incapable at beating anyting above .25/.50. Poker will likely always be a big frustrating struggle.

GL, Idiot.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Game selection is the most important skill in all of poker. If you're sitting at a table, and you don't see people making glaring mistakes, leave the game. Otherwise, you're paying the rake at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only sensible thing you have written.

If only it applied...

Are you still doing your bicep curls each time you suffer a bad beat thus turning negative energy into positive... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Al, you STUPID POS SUCKING AT POKER LOSER.

Let's look at your posts in that infamous thread:

"Hiya southerndog,

Simply put, at an eight player table you should be winning one hand in eight, that is, you should win 12.5% of your hands (100/8=12.5); at a ten player table you should be winning one hand in ten, that is, you should win 10% of your hands (100/10=10); in a heads up game you should be winning one hand in two, that is you should win 50% of your hands (100/2=50). All this somewhat rudimentary maths is based on the assumption that the cards allow you to do this. The point I am making is that I was playing in a eight player game but winning as if I was playing in a ten player game. If I had been winning as if it was heads up I would be reporting a huge upswing to you all (but I am not vain so would not ). Conclusion: I was card dead.

I hope this has clarified the point but more than willing to post again about it if need be, just ask..."

WRONG

"Oh by the way, hourly rate is a median and famously medians do not exist. Sometimes you win $1 over a session sometimes $444 you average it out and you get your median which in this case is one's hourly rate."

Wrong

"I deny the suggestion that I tilted. The statistics do not bear that up. "

Again, another fundamental lack of understanding.

Al, I'm sorry to say it, but your IQ is probably pretty low, and you are likely incapable at beating anyting above .25/.50. Poker will likely always be a big frustrating struggle.

GL, Idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have nothing...You are southerndog tilt monkey. I doubt you play poker well. Why not just do a bicep curl, you loser?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:24 PM

oh by the way, southerndog tiltmonkey you are a POS...
Old 02-24-2007, 09:27 PM

You have a low IQ and are incapable of beating anygame above 02./0.4 cents...you are an idiot.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:16 PM

why isn't whiny little Al banned yet?
Closed Thread