Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 05:02 PM

Default nl5 AKs big pot

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 ($6.20)
MP1 ($9.33)
MP2 ($6.40)
CO ($6.84)
Hero ($13.47)
SB ($8.58)
BB ($8.19)
UTG ($3.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3.85</font>,
Hero?

Villain is running 82/0/0.40 over a small sample,
Dunno if he cares but i've been running rly hot since now,
raised last 4 hands.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: nl5 AKs big pot

I'd just call the raise this deep and look to get to showdown cheaply.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM

I get it in here. At 5NL, people are stacking off with TPWK and second pair enough to make playing TPTK for stacks way profitable. (unless 5NL has gotten way different in 3 months)
Old 11-27-2007, 05:50 PM

After your opponent's min-raise on the flop, you need to make a plan and think about your flop 3-bet before you do it, because it is a critical spot in the hand.

I don't like the reraise on the flop; I would just call the min-raise. You have position, lots of chips behind, and an opponent who may be ready to stack off with AJ/AQ or try to keep the pot small by attempting to continue "trapping (i.e. checking the turn)" you with 22/44.

Answer the following questions:
You raise to $2.10, BB calls, and BB bets $1.50 on the turn. What do you do? Change BB bet to $1. What do you do? How about $2?

You raise to $2.10, and BB calls/raises only with 22/44/A2/A4 and folds all other junky aces. Are you happy? Why or why not?

Hand goes as described in OP, but you call the flop re-reraise. What is your plan on the turn if villain shoves a blank card? What is your plan if he checked the turn and shoves a blank river? Do you feel as though you've trapped yourself into getting it all-in?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Ty all for the answers.
Usually on these spots villain will shove on the turn on on the river anyway I think (thats how it goes most of the time),
I dont think that any of the situations you described narrows this kind of villain range that much, and I shoved since i think he calls me with weaker aces a lot here, am I wrong?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You raise to $2.10, and BB calls/raises only with 22/44/A2/A4 and folds all other junky aces. Are you happy? Why or why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this unless we have a specific read that villain won't stack off with TPWK. Looking through my PT database, I found a lot of hands where TPTK won a huge pot because villain was stack off with TPWK or TP2K. I think that at this level, folding to aggression with TPTK is going to cost a good amount of money.

Learner, if this hand took place at 25NL or 50NL I'd whole-heartedly agree with all the points you've made and I think OP should take these things into consideration when they move up. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]