Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is more +EV?
Call 31 83.78%
Reraise 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Pm received by a few of us. Not sure what to think.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to OOT.

This forum is moderated in a harsh and subjective manner by a cruel bastard who doesn’t like you. Posters who violate the rules are likely to have their threads locked or deleted and find their accounts suspended or banned. If this is not your cup of tea, try these other 2+2 forums:

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, I call on you to remove this veil of false objectivity from your forum and get with the program.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you should point this out to people who complain that you locked their thread instead of trying to explain that it's a googletard all the time
Old 09-24-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durron,

Do you not like the tone in ATF?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you asking durron597 the poster or durron597 the moderator?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you consider it detrimental to the site as a whole?

[/ QUOTE ]

see above question

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly OT, but do you also hate freedom, kittens, and ice cream?

[/ QUOTE ]

ask a regular in either of my forums if i run those forums with an iron fist.

then ask a long time regular in STTF how i ran it when we first instituted thread labels
Old 09-24-2007, 11:28 PM

by the way

i just read the "discussion of mat's sticky" thread, and i saw a suggestion for ATF4L. i know it was a joke but... not a bad idea imho. modded by mike and tuq. i'll help iron in the real one.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, Mat

if you want me to change the tone of ATF and lay down the law there and make it a "srs biz" forum, i can do that. pm me if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF??????

Besides, the tone in ATF is exactly as Mat likes it, he even posts from time to time that he views the forum as his entertainment, within reason. That's why as an historically paranoid individual this whole iron as mod thing freaks me out, even though I like the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

when did iron become ATF mod? totally missed that one.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

maybe you should point this out to people who complain that you locked their thread instead of trying to explain that it's a googletard all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

whenever i lock a thread i explain it using principles outlined in the sticky. how i apply those principles is according to my own good judgment and experience. this is the same thing that diablo does when he moderates his forum.

if you want people to read the rules and attempt to make good posts, you have to give them more than 'because i said so.'

you know what, i am starting to change my mind. it might not just be the loose moderation of reject forums that causes users to make dumb criticisms without even understanding the rules or having any observations to go on.

it is probably because we have a bunch of mods who make dumb criticisms without even understanding the rules or having any observations to go on.

character reflects leadership or something like that amirite?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:34 PM

lol at durron lobbying to take over ATF and mod it in the complete opposite manner of one of mat's most trusted and popular mods.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whenever i lock a thread i explain it using principles outlined in the sticky. how i apply those principles is according to my own good judgment and experience. this is the same thing that diablo does when he moderates his forum.

if you want people to read the rules and attempt to make good posts, you have to give them more than 'because i said so.'

you know what, i am starting to change my mind. it might not just be the loose moderation of reject forums that causes users to make dumb criticisms without even understanding the rules or having any observations to go on.

it is probably because we have a bunch of mods who make dumb criticisms without even understanding the rules or having any observations to go on.

character reflects leadership or something like that amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]

you seem to think i don't understand this. i understand this completely. the problem is that too much of your userbase doesn't understand this.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=12114181
Old 09-24-2007, 11:39 PM

ir's a pretty small fraction of the userbase that doesn't understand it, and the reason most of them don't understand it is that they never took the time to read the rules in the first place. you picked a pretty poor example since that's exactly what happened in that thread, and pretty much everyone but the OP knew it.

LOL at this thread turning into busybody mods attacking OOT again because they have no idea how it works
Old 09-24-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at durron lobbying to take over ATF and mod it in the complete opposite manner of one of mat's most trusted and popular mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am not "lobbying" for anything. if you actually paid attention to what i'm saying instead of what you assume i'm saying you would realize that.

i am offering mat a choice. if he likes the casual atmosphere there and doesn't want a major change he will say no, and i am ok with that. in fact i (speaking as durron the poster) prefer the current ATF to the old one as measured by entertainment value.

however, if mat wants an ATF where users post serious questions expecting serious answers, i am offering to help 2+2 provide that. (i'm speaking as durron the moderator now). that's why i thought having an ATF4L wouldn't be a bad idea - ATF for srs biz and ATF for people who want to post about 2+2 but also want a more relaxed and entertaining environment to do so
Old 09-24-2007, 11:49 PM

how is repeatedly encouraging mat to make you a mod of the forum not 'lobbying'?

i prefer the current ATF too, even with the drawbacks that i described above (basically allowing idiots to troll mods and create discord where it would not otherwise exist). it creates more traffic for the site, and more generally, i think with the type of user 2p2 is currently attracting, shutting down things like ATF and BBV would significantly hinder traffic.

which is why i think it's funny that you are lobbying to be a mod of it.