Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 08:46 PM

Default AA-simple turn decision?

Hello everyone how are you? My first hand post so be gentle please. Just wondering if I should call this down or fold. No reads.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero....??
Old 05-04-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: AA-simple turn decision?

*grunch*

with that amount of action i think we are beat and without reads im folding... i cant see a standard player 3-betting that flop and raising the turn with a pair
Old 05-04-2007, 09:23 PM

I think this is a very easy fold.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:21 AM

The turn is an easy fold. A more interesting issue is whether you should even still be in the hand after it was 3 bets to you on the flop. I would have chucked this hand in right there. The pot was not large, you were probably behind and, even if not, another heart was going to kill you.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:34 AM

Yeah I'd fold the flop. The only halfway reasonable hands you're ahead of are 9x and a heart draw, and both have decent equity against you, while if you're behind you have almost no outs and may need a runner-runner full house to win. Throw in the possibility of a cap and that draws can take a free card on the turn while made hands still bet and it's even worse.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:27 AM

Ok thanks all. I have trouble folding AA and KK at times. Xhad- I was calling the flop hoping they had something along the lines of what you said...but I guess even in that case it was wrong.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello everyone how are you? My first hand post so be gentle please. Just wondering if I should call this down or fold. No reads.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero....??

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch. Fold the flop unless you are against some capable bluffers who are raising their nut A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush draw for deception. Doesn't usually happen in microlimit though.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ouch. Fold the flop unless you are against some capable bluffers who are raising their nut A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush draw for deception. Doesn't usually happen in microlimit though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens a lot at the micros, people 3-betting or capping their flush draws isn't uncommon.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:04 PM

I'm not folding the flop, but I am folding the turn. When a non-heart falls on the turn and the action still continues to be hot I'm outta there.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens a lot at the micros, people 3-betting or capping their flush draws isn't uncommon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Don't suppose MP1 would be raising with it though. Thoughts?