Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you hate poker?
Yep. But I play it anyway. 78 56.12%
NO WTFbwafBbQ you sux 61 43.88%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: The Official NFL Draft Thread

I think it is worth noting, that yes the Browns may have just traded a top 5 pick away for next year which they could have gotten a top QB.

However, look at the salary cap difference here. Brady Quinn for 22 money OR ???? QB for 5th pick money.

I think this deal worked out really well for Cleveland becuase of all the cash they're saving vs. the top pick next year.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:37 PM

OK, had to check back on, great job by the Jags & Cowboys.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tolbiny,

You're not including all the factors here. If Cleveland doesn't make that move, they end up drafting a QB early in the first round next year. That player will be a year behind in the learning curve. They will have to pay him top 5 money instead of #22 money. Quinn is ENORMOUS value. It's a great deal.

Obviously it's great for Dallas too.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other (other) hand they don't get a top level receiver help in the deepest receiver class they may ever see or secondary help that they need this year. I'm glad they looked to find value in Quinn, and understand the desire to get to him, but for a team that felt it may not need a QB with Frye and Anderson enough to pass on Quinn once, and a team that needs lots of help overpaying for 1 player isn't generally a smart move.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is worth noting, that yes the Browns may have just traded a top 5 pick away for next year which they could have gotten a top QB.

However, look at the salary cap difference here. Brady Quinn for 22 money OR ???? QB for 5th pick money.

I think this deal worked out really well for Cleveland becuase of all the cash they're saving vs. the top pick next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leinart got paid top5 money, don't be shocked if Brady does too.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a great deal for Dallas. Keep in mind that the Browns were trading for the player and not the pick. Brady Quinn is a top 10 pick who happened to be around at pick 22.

I think Dallas got the edge, but it isn't as lopsided as you guys are making it out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

i must be the only dude that thinks this was a great trade for both teams. quinn is going to be a solid pro for a long time.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:39 PM

Note: Yeah, what Pokerfink said a few posts above mine. I was typing it as you psoted I guess. Haha.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They will have to pay him top 5 money instead of #22 money.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is huge. paying Quinn #22 money is a coup. He could very well end up better than extra-knuckle Russell
Old 04-28-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tolbiny,

You're not including all the factors here. If Cleveland doesn't make that move, they end up drafting a QB early in the first round next year. That player will be a year behind in the learning curve. They will have to pay him top 5 money instead of #22 money. Quinn is ENORMOUS value. It's a great deal.

Obviously it's great for Dallas too.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other (other) hand they don't get a top level receiver help in the deepest receiver class they may ever see or secondary help that they need this year. I'm glad they looked to find value in Quinn, and understand the desire to get to him, but for a team that felt it may not need a QB with Frye and Anderson enough to pass on Quinn once, and a team that needs lots of help overpaying for 1 player isn't generally a smart move.

[/ QUOTE ]

May not need a QB?

Frye and Anderson are god awful.

If you don't improve at all this year...your gonna have a coaching change..then you need to draft a QB. So its not that terrible a move given Quinn was viewed by most as a TOP 5-6 talent.

Most teams blow their 1st round picks... its not like the Browns know they will get to draft Calvin Johnson with that pick next year.

Dallas got a great deal and Cle got a great deal.
If Quinn ends up sucking and Cle ends up with the #1 pick next year then it looks like a bad deal for Cle

If Dallas misses the playoffs this year n drafts a guy next year who ends up sucking then it obv looks bad for them.

But in the end value wise its a good deal right now for both.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most teams blow their 1st round picks

[/ QUOTE ]
Idk about that
Old 04-28-2007, 04:45 PM

If Quinn wasn't a pretty white boy playing for a media darling coach at a media darling school, someone would have probably asked why he has never won a single big game in college. If it was JaBrady Quinn, QB, Auburn all we'd be hearing about is whether he can finally shed the choker label in the pros.