Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you hate poker?
Yep. But I play it anyway. 78 56.12%
NO WTFbwafBbQ you sux 61 43.88%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: The Official NFL Draft Thread

Hey Bob on your Charger grade, I agree with a C since there is no way to know really and it didn't appear that luck was on their side. Nobody wanted to deal for Turner, the Saints punked them with Meacham, they were praying for that Texas Safety to last to play in DB with Longhorn Jammer I am sure, but that was a pipe dream.

I can't tell about the WR, if I had to grade that pick it would be a C. But the guy is fast and has great hands. The USC big guy Jarret was out of the question, they have tons of guys like him already, big, but no 4.4. I don't know about the other WR, but I think AJ did his homework and figured he was the best fit, can play right away, in the slot, etc.

Chargers moved up quite a bit to get Safety. Deep second to 37 overall. Charger hand is well defined, to make a deal, they had to throw in the 3 next year. Deal or no deal, they went deal and I appreciate the aggressiveness. But can't argue with a C, no luck but decent effort.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In all likelyhood the Colts 1st rounder next year will be 25+, so it's basically a second rounder, not that high a price.

[/ QUOTE ]

the #25 pick in the draft is worth a ton. it's ultimate value is probably not much worse than the #15, b/c on average the player you get at #25 ends up being nearly as good as the #15 player (minus the pre-draft hype) + you get to pay him a lot less.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what they gave up was essentially the same thing they could draft then, a OT (which apparently is what they think they need), the only differnce being that they'll now have a year to train him.

This trades worth is (obviously) dependent on how Ugoh turns out. If he's a fine player and grows into a replacement for Glenn, then it's perfect as they'd only draft another OT.

Edit: Also the money issue you brought up is important. Now they can sign a person that they think has 1st round talent and pay him second round money. That's a big move.

Cody
Old 04-29-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Colts draft Roy Hall WR from Ohio State, not that this pick matters this much, but someones gonna have to explain this one too me. Practice squad maybe?

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it was due to his outstanding college career.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Colts draft Roy Hall WR from Ohio State, not that this pick matters this much, but someones gonna have to explain this one too me. Practice squad maybe?

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know I am puzzled as well. Only thing I can think of is coversion to DB.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know I am puzzled as well. Only thing I can think of is coversion to DB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, they are drafting Troy Smith next, and sending Manning, Harrison and Wayne to the bench.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In all likelyhood the Colts 1st rounder next year will be 25+, so it's basically a second rounder, not that high a price.

[/ QUOTE ]

the #25 pick in the draft is worth a ton. it's ultimate value is probably not much worse than the #15, b/c on average the player you get at #25 ends up being nearly as good as the #15 player (minus the pre-draft hype) + you get to pay him a lot less.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what they gave up was essentially the same thing they could draft then, a OT (which apparently is what they think they need), the only differnce being that they'll now have a year to train him.

This trades worth is (obviously) dependent on how Ugoh turns out. If he's a fine player and grows into a replacement for Glenn, then it's perfect as they'd only draft another OT.

Edit: Also the money issue you brought up is important. Now they can sign a person that they think has 1st round talent and pay him second round money. That's a big move.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

This is spot on. They had Ugoh as a 1st round talent and knew that Gleen is gone after next year. This is esentially spending their first rounder next year to get a guy to groom for a year.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:36 PM

Troy Smith goes to BALT, this is actually a really good fit, and a nice pick by BALT, although it's worth noting that they're done for this year, so maybe this wasn't what they needed. Someone that knows more about their needs will have to elaborate.

Cody
Old 04-29-2007, 02:59 PM

What is the latest a Heisman winner has ever been drafted?
Old 04-29-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie Ward was not drafted. there have been others I think.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie Ward was not drafted. there have been others I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason White comes to mind.