Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 04:18 PM

Default two 50 100 call downs

Game was full but is now down to 5-7 handed(people keep taking breaks)
I have been playing tag and not showing many bluffs except continuation bets on flops and turns with missed solid starting hands vs people who peel flops with air

Villin and I have played alot he knows im just a 15 30 player taking a shot. He plays tag but is less straightforward and a little more tricky then me.He may see me as playing a little scared cause of the stakes.He def plays draws aggressive

Last 2 times its folded to us blind vs blind ive given him a walk

it folds to me i open in sb 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] he calls
Flop 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
i bet, he raises ,i 3 bet he 4 bets i call
turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I ck call
river A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i ck call

hand 2 coming later if you guys want
Old 04-16-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: two 50 100 call downs

Why are you raising 104o against an opponent with no pf fold equity?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:29 PM

I just gave him a walk the last 2 times blind vs blind
so decided to raze it up ive been playing tight
this is prolly wrong what do you think about the rest of the hand?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just gave him a walk the last 2 times blind vs blind
so decided to raze it up ive been playing tight
this is prolly wrong what do you think about the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you gave him a walk the last two hands should be irrelevant. He sounds like a tough aggressive player. Playing heads up out of position when he calls your preflop raise with T4o is not a very good situation.

I bet fold the turn here probably if I had somehow made it to the flop.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He sounds like a tough aggressive player. Playing heads up out of position when he calls your preflop raise with T4o is not a very good situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is spot on. Besides making good decisions, a tough opponent should be willing to gamble with you in break even situations. There was a great post a while back about great high limit players encouraging variance when they are playing against someone under bank rolled like you. Basically, against an underfunded opponent a good player should be willing to put a lot of money at risk in coin flip situations because sooner or later the underfunded player will go bust.

Here, the flop hit your opponent. The only question is how hard. You could be crushed, and even if you are 'ahead' you could easily be a slight underdog to something like Ac3c/KJo or a big under dog to something like KcQc/KcJc.

If you continue to put yourself in these types of situations when you are playing short count on going bust.

As played, I think you have to decide on the flop how you will proceed. If you think you are crushed, call the first flop raise and then check fold the turn unimproved (picking up a baby flush draw counts). Your other choice is to play it like your opponent is on a big draw. In that case, I would call the first flop bet, donk ANY turn that does not complete both draws, call a raise and check call rivers that don't complete both draws.

You are in a crappy situation on the flop. The only hope of salvaging this spot is to make a firm decision on the flop and play your hand accordingly.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:57 PM

Excellent respones thus far. I am going to say yeah - for God's sake, you're taking a shot - please fold T4o there's no excuse.

Beyond that, I prefer to call 3-bet and bet into him on the turn. If you get raised, you might as well dump it unless he's real psycho, and that's not likely considering it's 50/100 where people play pretty smart.

For the line you took - you got to fold that river, when that flush card came, I would give be inclined to give it up right there but a call is reasonable, when that ace comes and he STILL bets into you, what are you hoping to beat really.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:34 PM

just fold preflop.