Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 03:16 PM

Default Bodog software

Calvin Ayre is a billionaire. So why is Bodog's software so crappy? C'mon, hire a few programmers already.

The fact that Bodog doesn't do simple things like this makes me wonder about the company and its future.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Bodog software

It is funny you should mention this, becauase I was going to start my own thread. But, my thread was going to go something more like....

Of all the sites I have played, Bodog has the best software.

And I'm serious. I love it. UB is the only exception, but UB is such an obvious # 1 there is no reason to mention it.

Why I love Bodog...

1. Automatically at center, bottom seat. Why have it any other way?
2. Collapsable, expandable tables.
3. Customizable felt color.
4. Cards are big enough to see.
5. Lightning fast.
6. Cards are dealt together, not one by one.
7. Action alerts only available (sound).

OK, bring on the posts about frequent disconnects, 3 tables max, system crashes, poor HH's, etc.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:41 PM

I would like Bodog's software if it didn't crash on me at least daily, and if the bodog hand history catcher didn't crash and/or make the Bodog software crash.

Stability should be the #1 priority of a poker site, not customizable felt color.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4. Cards are big enough to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you on crack?
Old 11-27-2006, 07:50 PM

Are cards customizable at all?

And yes, occassionally the lobby wont let me open tables so i have to restart the program.

And that 3 table miniview is aweful, though slightly better than no miniview.

Shrinkable tables! Why cant all sites have this function?

And why oh why isnt there a list of players left in MTTs with their chipstack ranks. Sometimes its nice to know this kind of stuff you know!

AND automuck doesnt always work. This is VERY annoying.

Some kind of HH support for pokeroffice/pokertracker might have been nice too.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:51 PM

Unjoin a waiting list for an automatic crash. Click the option to block chat, but the chat won't be blocked. Sometimes your lobby money will include what's at the table, sometimes it won't, and sometimes it will split the difference. And posting a blind at a new table is always a new adventure, with no rhyme or reason behind where you're placed.

The interface is just a piece of crap. It looks cheap, it feels cheap, and the problems never get fixed.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:23 PM

I just wish they would fix the [censored] memory leak that causes a crash when you have three separate windows open for an extended period of time, like more than an hour and a half. This bug isn't as God-awful severe as it used to be (when it would crash the client every 30 minutes), but it's still there, and it's been there since the initial rollout of this POS "upgrade", which was like 11 months ago. This bug is SO lame and SO [censored] annoying. Does anyone (other than us users) actually do QA for Bodog's releases? Testing software BEFORE a release, fixing bugs, etc., is a helluva lot nicer to your users.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:38 PM

I understand why many of you are frustrated and I will make a deal with you. I can't necessarily help you get everything fixed immediately but it sounds like you guys have some interesting insight to what some of the problems might be.

Can we keep this thread constructive and be as specific as possible to the concerns you have and I will make sure your concerns are addressed and I will come back to you with a response on Friday.

That response unfortunately won't be that all of the problems are fixed but it will give insight and trust me the more feedback we can provide them the better things will be.

I know going into the 1st of the year that the interface is a monster priority. I do agree with the one poster though Bodog has a lot of good things about it too. I don't think there needs to be super upgrades but 5 or 6 things that would really make a huge difference.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:13 AM

beanie... you might suggest that they assign a support rep appropriately designated to post here and solicit input from the user community... similar to what some of the other sites have done.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:16 AM

One that should be very simple to fix. When I sit down at a table the default should be to wait for the bb - not to post the bb. I get very upset when I post $30 under the gun. I have complained to customer service multiple times. They have credited my account some of the times for the $30. It still is not worth the hassle and cost me much more than that in losses playing out of position and on tilt my first hand.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]