Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 04:54 PM

Default Re: 2 WPT Foxwoods hands

Hand 1: You almost have to call the river if you call the turn, especially when that blank drops.

Hand 2: Get out. Reverse implied odds suck here. Rich guy is probably on an overpair, SB likes his hand too, maybe a set? Either way TPGK on a monotone board is pretty marginal after the action you've described.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:36 PM

Default Re: 2 WPT Foxwoods hands

Hand 1: I'd call given the history. He could easily have a J here and be value betting.

Hand 2: I'd call. I can't make SB for a set since he agonized over the PF call, whereas 99 or 44 would have been an easy quick call for most people. The board is pretty dangerous for rich stack to slowplay, he could be on as little as AK, and can splash around a bit. I'm folding a club at the turn, but seriously consider pushing if checked to me on a blank turn.

Reads make a lot of difference here, and my image is usually pretty tight to call these types of bets.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:45 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
From my experience with Kessler he definitely seems like a math guy, so it feels like he's pricing you in...but he's pricing you in. You opened UTG, he could have QQ/KK or a small chance of something weird so I think you should call, but I doubt you're good here.

Hand 2. It's a gross spot. I think folding is best though since if you're behind you're burried. And if you're ahead it's not by much against the collection of hands. I prefer an isolation reraise preflop. I'd make it 12-15k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Colson's lines are the best way to play it.

Hand 1: I called and he showed 109o and my hand is no good.

Hand 2: I put the big stack squarely on the lone A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or maybe K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I didn't think SB could have 99 or QQ here and figured it was unlikely he would have played Q9. So basically I put his range on AQ,KQ,JQ,Q10,44, or an unlikely flopped flush. I pushed, he went into the tank. Big stack guy called time on him and with 5 seconds left he pushes allin. Big stack instacalls with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and SB flips over Q9 and I'm basically screwed. Club came on the turn.