Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 11-26-2007, 05:36 PM

Default $5 NL QQ pfr in early position facing BB 3bet shove

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($3.27)
Hero ($5.88)
MP1 ($4.12)
MP2 ($1.99)
CO ($2.32)
Button ($2.74)
SB ($7.23)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.20</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3.27</font>, Hero ...

Not quite sure what to do here. In this session I've raised a few hands preflop and always cbet the flop. So far I've either won it on the flop or folded on the turn or river unimproved. I haven't been getting out of line but this is not the first time I've raised. However if villain is observant he'll appreciate the difference between a UTG raise and a late position raise over a loose limper.

This is the first time villain has raised or 3bet preflop. So I think he has some real hand and not say AJ which would just call preflop.

I've been in 1 hand earlier with villain. He limped and called by preflop raise. The flop was rags and he check/folded to my cbet.

To me it seems there would be some kind of sliding scale for where QQ becomes a call instead of fold when facing a 3bet shove against an unknown. Against a half stack 50BB or less I don't respect him and I can price QQ as being worth half a stack to look him up.

With 100BB and up I'm not eager to get it all in preflop with QQ without some note that villain is capable of overvaluing TT-JJ or AQ type hands preflop.

In this hand BB has 65 BB so if he was good I'd expect he should be playing full. So that could make it a call. I'm not sure what the cutoff is for call vs. fold with QQ. 75BB? 100? 200? Never at $5 NL?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: $5 NL QQ pfr in early position facing BB 3bet shove

Stats would help a ton, but in the absence of them...eh I probably fold. If he's done this a couple times then I call. AA,KK,AK is a big part of his range, and...ok, hold on just did an equity calculation.

You're only 60-40 against AA,KK, AK (his holdings that make the most sense) and at these stakes, you can add a whole bunch of crap to his range. I think you can call here if you're in a gambling mood, but I certainly don't think a fold is incorrect either.