Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Top Chef 8/1 Thread

A thought:

YES YES YES YES YES YES. I hated that guy.

Frankly I have no idea how Sara or Howie didn't go home though.

WTF with the editing, when dude comes in to announce he's gone, Howie is seated and springs up. I'm wondering if they film the knife packing montage before they say goodbye.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Top Chef 8/1 Thread

n/m
Old 08-02-2007, 02:27 AM

Eh, I didn't hate Joey as much as you, but I don't mind seeing him gone. I think it's really cheap that Sara didn't get sent home. She sucked it up, it seemed like everyone knew it, and they kept her. I'm expecting her to be the next done.

Mainly though, I was glad to see CJ and Trey kick ass. Everyone knows Trey is a favorite, but I really think CJ is up there as a favorite too (I think Aloysius had him in the bottom earlier. WTF man???).

Finally, LOL at Joey calling Rocco an [censored].
Old 08-02-2007, 02:28 AM

Season 3 seems to be going downhill.
Another team challenge. For the drama I suppose.

Hung is really getting on my nerves.

Joey crying at the end was too much.

I'm not really rooting for anyone anymore.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:33 AM

Also, Sara was saved because the last 4 people to get axed were chicks. Yes/No?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:52 AM

is there any sort of consideration given to the same people sucking every week? it seems sara m always does a crappy job but barely slides through whereas joey went from top 2 on mexican soap opera week to out the next. i feel like he should have gotten the benefit of the doubt. joey had shown us something and sara has never not sucked as far as i can remember.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:52 AM

That's something that has bothered me as well. Didn't Lia win one week and get eliminated the next? I generally don't emotionally invest myself in shows like this... and it really pisses me off that Sara hasn't been eliminated yet. She's been in the bottom group several times and has received some of the worst criticisms.

All the same, I'm glad Joey is gone. I think it was pretty dumb to make a dish that pretty much anyone could easily make from scratch, and Joey tried to justify it by saying they needed to keep it simple for the target audience. A red sauce, chicken and tri-color fusilli pasta is just about the opposite of what most people are looking for from a frozen pasta bag--the couple of times I've bought something like this, it was exactly because it was something I didn't think I could make from scratch very easily.

Plus, the target audience here was people shopping at what would appear to be an upscale grocery store. Yeah, fusilli and red sauce is what they're dying for. Even if they'd done the packaging right, I doubt they'd have "sold" well, if at all.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is there any sort of consideration given to the same people sucking every week?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they definitely do and, conversely, give consideration to the consistantly better performing chefs, as well. But, whenever they hint at it, they quickly change the topic. This sheds light on my main problem with the show. Hypothetically, someone could come out and win the first five rounds, stomping the competition but then screw up in round 6 and, according to the rules, get sent home. This isn't right. And, I think, the judges knowing this, even if his dish was very bad, would find a reason to send someone else home. Anytime judges in a competition like this are compelled to make executive decisions to skip around the rules, it is indicative of a poorly constructed judging format. But, obviously, the show is not set up with fairness in mind. It is, afterall, a television show.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:02 AM

I hate reality television in general, and in many ways cannot stand this show, yet I have it set to record every week. Go figure.

Anyway, It's absurd that Sara is still there. It is patently moronic to think that she has any chance whatsoever to win. At least Joey had shown us SOMETHING.

I like Howie, by the way. I don't care if everyone hates him. I like the fact that he's sort of the outsider and that it's not just some affectation. He just doesn't fit in, and I like that. I also like the fact that he's one of the best chefs on the show.

If I busted out weeping in my exit interview for this show, I'd leap upon the cameraman and smash the camera to pieces, so that no one could ever see such a thing.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 AM

This episode sucked. We already have a show that is all about cooking and selling food and product placement (Food Network Star among other shows), this is supposed to be TOP CHEF. I enjoy the creative challenges, even the gas station quickfires are cool and interesting, but the product placement in this episode and catering the entire episode to it was just awful.

The whole freezing and reheating was such a gimmick and is really lame I think. No chef has to worry about whether something will taste good the next day after its been completely cooked and then frozen.

Maybe it was my additional hatred for Rocco after having seen his failed reality show, but I could not stand this episode.

Also, WTF? to that quickfire.

Hey you get to identify taro root, japanese eggplant, etc.....

Now Casey, identify this:

Are you [censored] kidding me?

That was retarded. And if you are telling people "identify this by taste alone, PUT A [censored] BLINDFOLD ON THEM, cause hint to producers THEY ARE LOOKING AT IT, THEREBY MAGICALLY COMBINING INFORMATION FROM TWO SENSES!

God that episode sucked.