Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Madden Improvements

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like some of you just need to get better at the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

standard response from a madden "pro"

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I do not want to get good at every idiosyncrasy that Madden throws my way, I want it to simulate the game of football as best as it can. Watch an NFL game and then compare it to Madden, and there is no comparison, Madden's just a pale imitation of the real thing. It'll be a long time if we ever get so advanced that the two are identical, but it's a nice goal to have.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:18 AM

OH PLEASE, this is the best madden and I have been playing them since 93. No it isn't a perfect simulation of football but it's pretty damn close. I do agree the DB's are a bit out of control though.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nez,

I don't know what system you have, but Madden 08 for 360 gives me the option of just playing the plays my Superstar is in for. I never do anything else in that mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schat??? Really??

Maybe I need to buy 2008 then

[/ QUOTE ]

dude on the ps2, you can just play your players plays in 07 and 08, its an option on the pause screen
Old 11-20-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OH PLEASE, this is the best madden and I have been playing them since 93. No it isn't a perfect simulation of football but it's pretty damn close. I do agree the DB's are a bit out of control though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it's awful, I agree with you that it's the best Madden yet. However, there are still glaring oversights that I feel can be corrected. Granted, I'm not a computer programmer, but I think they can at least make the kicking game and punt coverage somewhat realistic. There is absolutely no reason that kickers should ever put it out of the endzone, let alone be able to do it every single kickoff. Also, there is no reason that only the gunners get down the field on punt coverage. Like I said, if you make the first 2 guys miss or they get blocked, it is almost assured that you can get a 25-30 yard return.

I'm sure the DB problem will be tough to fix, but I feel like it can be fixable. This year's Madden is definitely better than any other version, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't look for ways to improve for next year.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:02 PM

learn to angle punts and adjust punt height, if you just boot it way down the middle of the field, yeah PR middle can score some big returns. I do think the special teams is very lacking, KR touchdowns seem to never ever happen, PR's are too easy, FG's too easy, kickoffs too easy.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:44 PM

Yeah the DB thing kind of sucks but I don't mind it. My DB's are always picking off passes. So I can't have it both ways. Basically get a lead, then start throwing a lot of Cover 2's in there. Spread the LB's wide and tighten up the DL. Force him to throw it (they probably already are b/c they're losing) and eventually he throws into a DB or LB.

Pretty much any DB I draft within the first three rounds turns into a 90+ within 2 years. Then they ask for more money and I trade them away for like a 1st and 2nd rounder. My whole goal in Madden Franchise is to create value. I'm about half-way though and I already found that I've traded so many good players away after making them good, that it makes the game more challenging for me. My owner profits are ridiculous though, because I trade players when they get too expensive and I RARELY renegotiate a hold-out. lol. In my current season, I'm 7 games in and I've already traded away such good players that in next seasons draft I get a 1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,3,3. lol 10 picks in the first 96 draftees. And many of those picks are going to be the top 1-4 of the corresponding round. This will be the most ridiculous draft I've ever had though.

My complaint is when there is a fumble, my players almost NEVER seem to jump on the ball. They always recover their fumbles. Also, what's with the Challenges? They are ridiculous. The challenges go the CPU's way WAY more often than my way. And I'll go back and watch the replay to see if they got it right and it's absurd how wrong they get it sometimes.

Just stop wasting my time with these lame challenges and give the CPU the ball. Too much false hope!

EDIT: Another complaint. When trading, so many of the teams are capacity on their rosters, so instead of trading a stud for a 1st, 2nd, and 4th rounder. I have to drop the 4th rounder and select a crappy player to take in return. They are always like a 70 with 1 contract year left. But I'd obviously have the extra draft pick than some useless bum.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:47 AM

Madden has put me on tilt.

I'm going to buy NBA 2K8 tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:08 AM

Madden hasn't made any significant improvements in years, I don't even know why I bothered buying it this year, I played it like twice and got bored out of my mind and haven't played it since.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 PM

Rented Madden 08 and NCAA 08 for kicks over thanksgiving

NCAA 08 is way better, although the turnovers are still disgusting... had 7 fumbles in my last game, ugh

But recruiting is fun, the option still kicks ass, and in general I feel I have a little more control with my strategy to which the defenders aren't gods
Old 11-27-2007, 05:55 PM

field goals are unblockable. not enough noticeable difference between awful and amazing players. franchise mode is still basically a jopke.