Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 11-25-2007, 02:00 PM

Default 10NL - KJs in SB TP2K against resistance

Villain was a total unknown, just sat down.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO ($3.90)
Button ($10.30)
Hero ($12.35)
BB ($4.90)
UTG ($10.15)
MP ($11.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.2</font>, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.60) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.6</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2.4</font>, Hero calls $0.90.

Turn: ($5.40) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.3</font>...

Here's my take on the hand. I put myself in a sticky situation by c/r the flop. At the time, I didn't notice his stack size and didn't realize the c/r would commit me. I should have either bet pot into him, or c/c the flop. I think leading out is more correct since he likely has unimproved overs and might take a free card, which we don't want since any A or Q is bad. If we lead out I think we can easily fold to a decent sized raise.

As played, after his re-raise, it's .9 to me into a 4.5 pot, plus I have a good bdfd, so I have to call.

On the turn, I realize he only has 2.3 left, think "crap, I unknowingly committed myself" and realize I'm not folding to him if he pushes. So, I decide to take the initiative and utilize whatever small amount of fold equity I have (the queen just dropped, so that helps) and put him all-in.

Thoughts?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: 10NL - KJs in SB TP2K against resistance

Yeah, these flop situations are weird for a limit player. Where can you find a fold? I guess your turn action is natural, since you want to put pressure on AK, but you usually are only getting called by a worse hand at this point.

Leading out flop may be ok, since a) actions and interpretation will be truer 3-handed, b) squeeze the player in the middle, c) prevent free card.

Checkcall is fine as well since pfr is c-betting this dry flop a lot and middle player won't often be trapping.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:10 PM

I don't c/r the flop cuz I think unless you have a read this is one of those spots where you are in a bad way when you get called, and obviously getting raised sucks. I just check, tank a small bit before I call so maybe he'll think im weak and fire again on the turn. If I lead, Im gunna lead weak so that maybe I can induce some bluff raise. Usually I just check tho. I'm worried 0% about giving a free card on this board, if he hits his rare 3 or 6 outter in a small pot, whoopie doo.

turn is whatever, prolly doesnt matter either way, But thinking you have any fold equity is funny IMO. The only hands hes folding is ones you already have beat. But betting even then prolly isnt bad because he'll likely only put more money in if he hits some miracle suckout, so he might as well fold now. Plus the chances he spite calls with a worse hand is prolly as high as him bluffing again with a worse hand, so yeah, like I said, meh whatever [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A good habit to get into is always checking an opponents stack size when you are involved in a hand with them.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm worried 0% about giving a free card on this board, if he hits his rare 3 or 6 outter in a small pot, whoopie doo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point. I never consider pot size when thinking about betting/raising for protection. Lesson: free cards are less dangerous in tiny pots. Aha! moment here. thanks

[ QUOTE ]
turn is whatever, prolly doesnt matter either way, But thinking you have any fold equity is funny IMO. The only hands hes folding is ones you already have beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly certain I'm beaten after the flop action, but I don't want to fold for an additional 2.30. Since a Queen just dropped there's a small chance he will fold AJ, so I'd rather be the one putting the 2.3 in.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:24 PM

I don't see any reason to continue once villian 3bets the flop.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any reason to continue once villian 3bets the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

How big would the pot have to be for you to call his .90 raise?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:52 PM

Against JJ+,55,33,AJ we have 16% equity. This is a very conservative range. We are getting pretty much exactly that to call.

I understand this is only if we get to showdown, but this is also completely neglecting our implied odds if we happen to hit on the turn. We will very likely get the rest of his stack (2.3) if he has QQ+.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly certain I'm beaten after the flop action, but I don't want to fold for an additional 2.30. Since a Queen just dropped there's a small chance he will fold AJ, so I'd rather be the one putting the 2.3 in.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are certain you are beat, but your not folding for $2.3 more, but you think he will? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]