Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 05:33 PM

Default question about prima rake(back)

Ok so I just got a Prima account set up w/ 60% rakeback. I get 30% from the site and 30% from the affiliate right?

Played a session today raked $20. I check my rakeback status on the site. It says I raked $8.5 and I will recieve $2.5 in rakeback. Why is this number not the same as the one in my PT. On other sites I could just multiply my rake in PT with my rakeback percentage and I had my rakeback. What will I recieve from my affiliate? $2.5?

Does this has anything to do w/ contributed or deal? MGR? Sorry if I could've found the answer to all of this in the FAQ but read through and didn't really get it.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: question about prima rake(back)

PT calculates your rake differently to the site. Use the figure that the site provide. This will also be the figure your affiliate will use.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PT calculates your rake differently to the site. Use the figure that the site provide. This will also be the figure your affiliate will use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously this makes no sense.. Yesterday i played a session on FTP and my rake over the same amount of hands was $17 meaning that 60% on Prima isn't no way near double the rakeback. Too small sample size?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:23 PM

FTP is dealt method, while Prima is contributed method
which means, you actually have to contribute in the pot to get a raked hand, while dealt method, you only need to be dealt card (which means you can fold) and still get a part of the raked pot

so what PT is calculating is het number of raked hands, which is not the same ofcourse as the number on Prima, because not in all raked hands you have contributed, so you don't get anything from those pots..

hope that clarifies it a bit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ryu
SRB
Old 10-12-2007, 12:25 AM

I found that on some prima sites, the rakeback only updates at the end of the day.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/agree

It's really kind of useless to use Poker Tracker to compare rake totals. Besides the fact that PT and the poker site probably don't even calculate rake the same, you have the fact that the poker site is also deducting things like bonus, deposit/withdrawal fees, and in some cases (like Full Tilt), money added to guarantee tourneys you play, freerolls, points used for merchandise, the kitchen sink, Phil Ivey's pizza and beer that he had for lunch today while wearing a Full Tilt tshirt, etc. Oh, and time zone issues, real time vs. delayed stats reporting... the list goes on.

If you have a rakeback affiliate you trust, or especially in Prima room cases where the rake is reported by the poker sites themselves, then I wouldn't even take a second glance at your Poker Tracker rake stats.