Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Raid on NYC clubs underway right now.

The police are shutting down private poker clubs tonight in NYC. If you have a friend out in a club call them and tell them to cash out now. One of my friend's spots just got popped, they brought Chanel 11 news - I guess this is the police departs way of saying "we wont be embarrassed again"

As always - no details please unless its already been discussed in the news and we can verify it here, this includes discussions about security. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Raid on NYC clubs underway right now.

Yeah this seems to be the case. My friend just walked by the one on the left side of town and called to tell me there were cops out in front [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 12:07 AM

This is both unsurprising and sucky.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:23 AM

[censored]
Old 06-22-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The police are shutting down private poker clubs tonight in NYC. If you have a friend out in a club call them and tell them to cash out now. One of my friend's spots just got popped, they brought Chanel 11 news - I guess this is the police departs way of saying "we wont be embarrassed again"

As always - no details please unless its already been discussed in the news and we can verify it here, this includes discussions about security. Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

are they raiding the brooklyn/queens clubs too? or is it just manhattan?
hopefully us smaller clubs slip under the radar, and i have no choice but to keep it open with sign-in buyins...don't the city clubs make enough rake to massage the right people?
Old 06-22-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez. Why don't you call 911 and ask.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully us smaller clubs slip under the radar, and i have no choice but to keep it open with sign-in buyins...don't the city clubs make enough rake to massage the right people?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh I'm sure you're safe. nothing to worry about.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:14 AM

Actual camera phone photo of the raid in progress. I have been able to confirm two clubs hit this evening so far.

Since WPIX was on the scene shooting from the outside, i guess its safe to post these photos as well

Old 06-22-2007, 07:58 AM

Channel 11 news this morning in NYC -- first tease was for this story -- lots of recognizable faces being arrested. [censored] [censored] [censored] Cops brought their own media crew from the sixth best TV newscast in NY.

Edit: From newscast: Address given (in Chelsea). They say 13 people were arrested. More than 100 people inside at the time. Gamblers arrested. Show bags of chips being taken out by cops. Claim "up to $10M collected in a year"
Old 06-22-2007, 08:07 AM

bleh [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]