Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

El D,

"One thing this really underscores is that people know far less than they think they do about what celebrities are really like."

You're right. Makes me wonder if we here at 2+2 really know you, or whether it's all really a cleverly crafted facade.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:58 PM

Looks like Benoit was not the stand-up guy many people believed. Press conference reveals a DUI in another county in GA and his wife filed for a restraining order in 2003.

So it wasn't really a Jekyll/Hyde thing here - more like a guy who had issues all along. Still surprising how with all the fakeness that the whole wrestling scene is based on that so many people reached the conclusion that Benoit was a "great guy".
Old 06-26-2007, 09:02 PM

Meanwhile, young American soldiers are being firebomed in Iraq. I can't believe I wasted time discussing some demented roided out wrestler....out

tuq,

Be careful. El Diablo might roid rage you.

[ QUOTE ]
El D,

"One thing this really underscores is that people know far less than they think they do about what celebrities are really like."

You're right. Makes me wonder if we here at 2+2 really know you, or whether it's all really a cleverly crafted facade.

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo is the Steve Nash of this forum
Old 06-26-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
El D,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say the Vince McMahon of this forum.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
El D,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say the Vince McMahon of this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably more accurate
Old 06-26-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SK,

I think that regardless of what the facts of the situation turn out to be, it's pretty classless for WWE to react to the reports at this time w/ that release trying to distance their organization from any allegations of steroid use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bret Hart is/was on MSNBC and said he hopes this doesnt get pinned on steriod. He also said there were deeper issues with Benoit, whom he knew for 20 years.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SK,

I think that regardless of what the facts of the situation turn out to be, it's pretty classless for WWE to react to the reports at this time w/ that release trying to distance their organization from any allegations of steroid use.

[/ QUOTE ]

ED when I first read the statement I was shocked too. My first reaction was that it was really classless and the wwe has been known to be involved in many tasteless angles throughout their history.

I am in no way defending the wwe here or trying to justify what they did because it was indeed classless, but if you know some of the inner workings of the business you will 'kinda' understand why they're doing this. Even as a billion dollar company they almost lost it all not too long ago when a steriod scandal rocked the company and the chairman Vince McMahon almost had to go to jail. They're trying to protect themselves because they are walking a very thin line and they know it. Something can come up and blow this wide open and the whole WWE empire could come crumbling down. They are not immune. A lot of legal counseling went into those statements.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SK,

[/ QUOTE ]

Bret Hart is/was on MSNBC and said he hopes this doesnt get pinned on steriod. He also said there were deeper issues with Benoit, whom he knew for 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were any of these issues Hart discussed on any of these ultra-informative insider message boards?