Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What are you really hoping for
Rooney gets fit ASAP 18 47.37%
Rooney remains crocked 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
afs;lkheaogiuhaoaskl jadjshgak jhalsa;di1f asdlkj asldihga gha;lkda

I'm so disgusted with this game I want to barf. I was still not completely sold on who to lynch this morning, but killing me instead of nez made it 100% obvious it was lastchance. Never in a million years does Stephen do that.

Just like the IY kill made it obvious it was soah, not me.

Blindly lynching people to sort out the day 1 wagons was terrible terrible terrible.

Traz going off like that when he was the seer was obscene.

Nich leading the village around by the nose, when a simple fake peek would have cleared econ from being frodo. Yes, fake peeks are bad, and normally I would say there's no excuse. This one situation is an exception, IMO, because the fake peek could be cleared up if nich dies that night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Zurvan. I tried really hard man.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's OK. I can totally see why you vote Stephen there. I may have myself. You don't have the history with Stephen & Lastchance to know that he would never kill me there. I hate knowing the answer, and not being able to do anything about it.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
Being the swing vote on the final day really, really, really sucks. You did fine. I've only been to the final three once as a villager, and I chose wrong too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, except I was right [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2 for 2 lynching soah in must lynch [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Next game will be posted tomorrow.

No plot.

(Btw, this plot was NOT unpredictable, really, but nobody even gave a thought to predicting until after Lothlorien, where the plot was basically done)

As a side note, all of the plot events were predetermined.. I could've forced the game into balance by changing them based on who screwed up the day before, but that wouldn't be fair. As another side note, as of the Balrog encounter, Gandalf would get no more peeks, so his role wasn't quite a full seer (neither was Frodo's, with no N0 or N2 peek)

I THINK I'm set on the roles for TTT, but there are three that are in flux.. I've come up with maybe 8 different versions of Shelob and maybe 4 for Gollum, including an entirely new game concept...

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the plot twists very interesting, as it added a bit of uncertainty to the game. I am sorry I did not sign up for this one, and I will jump at the chance to get into the sequel.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:16 PM

if i'm wrong on saying i saw vr/kumu/etc etc then they also know
Old 02-20-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i'm wrong on saying i saw vr/kumu/etc etc then they also know

[/ QUOTE ]
They knew anyway. I believe within the first two minutes of wolfchat the night you roleclaimed, luckay asserted that you were really Sam, and the wolves proceeded under that assumption the whole time.

(Unfortunately for them, they used the wrong strategy there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Either kill aaron and block nich, or block aaron and kill nich (which also can set up aaron for the next day). If VR gets lynched day 4 or 5, and both aaron and nich are still alive, wolves pretty much auto-lose)
Old 02-20-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Gandalf had not died, what would have happened with the Balrog? There weren't any extra deaths or anything, so it already seemed like there was no punishment for Gandalf being dead.

[/ QUOTE ]
The night the Balrog attacked, Gandalf gets a nightkill that only works on wolves. Then he loses all his powers.

(Yes, that seems powerful, but I figured there was less than a 50% chance that Gandalf would be alive Night 5 to use it)

In other news, in Lothlorien, the village only learns Boromir's corruption status if Frodo is still alive. That's night 6, and it wasn't all that likely to take place anyway, but I scripted it in since it fit the book.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:27 PM

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Our traz kill was freaking brilliant. It keeps the pressure on aaronk, it implicates bram and aaron, it kills freaking traz while he's wrong.

Actually, I like keeping aaronk and nichp alive that long but only if we fake aragorn.

Block aaron sucks. I would've gone with this kill order in hindsight:
Aaronk/Gt1.
NichP
Econophile
IY
Nez
Zurvan/Stephen (probably earlier because of that one annoying day where you can't kill fellowship)

Other than that, soah's right, we played [censored] great to win this game. The rules definitely favored village (like ST2 favored wolf, simply because of the sheer number of evils we had to lynch, with so few seers).
Old 02-20-2007, 11:29 PM

we left aaron alive initially so that if any wolf starts getting heat, they just claim aragorn and aaron gets lynched
Old 02-20-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Gandalf had not died, what would have happened with the Balrog? There weren't any extra deaths or anything, so it already seemed like there was no punishment for Gandalf being dead.

[/ QUOTE ]
The night the Balrog attacked, Gandalf gets a nightkill that only works on wolves. Then he loses all his powers.

(Yes, that seems powerful, but I figured there was less than a 50% chance that Gandalf would be alive Night 5 to use it)

In other news, in Lothlorien, the village only learns Boromir's corruption status if Frodo is still alive. That's night 6, and it wasn't all that likely to take place anyway, but I scripted it in since it fit the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah nice. The way you worked the story into the game was great. Definite yes for a Two Towers game.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Our traz kill was freaking brilliant. It keeps the pressure on aaronk, it implicates bram and aaron, it kills freaking traz while he's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then kill aaron or nich the following night. Hell, you had TWO kills the following night.. could've taken both of them out.