Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: I OWN MDMA

So, I thought I'd do a quick KRANTZ-like write up.

This was my month, by level.

Honestly, I got completely complacent at 400 at the beginning of the month. I played some before I went to the PCA, then I went to the PCA (made ~3-4k in cash there). I just honestly went from playing amazingly at 400 in December, to average, occasionally trying to do too much in January.

So I was like screw it, I need to move up. So I did (there's a little more to this story that some of you know).

I lost one huge hand at 25/50, dropped a bunch at 10/20 (just card dead to be honest, although there was a certain level of aggression that was hurting me, and I might have been playing a little scared- one soft spot didn't make up for two or three strong players, let's say). I had a -12k day, when my previous highest losing day was -5k. Funny thing is, I actually slept well that night.

So this was my month graphically. I actually went on a sick heater at 5/10 where I kind of felt like I wasn't even running that well- but hidden random luck must have been tricking me, and I honestly feel like for 15k hands at 5-10 I just had my A game, maybe not A+ game though. Anyways, In under 5 days, I made 30k at 5-10 (even though I dropped some in between at 10-20, thus the stagger in the [censored] chart while on the rush). Then, in two days I dropped almost 10k, and made a little back last night to end my month (going to take tonight off). Bah, I really think I can beat 5-10 decently. I agree with KRANTZ, just because a bunch of 5-10 players are regulars, doesn't mean they're good. g-p, krantz, and corbin were the types of 'thinking players' that I felt gave me trouble. Some of the over aggro types like Born2dog and mig.com gave me slight fits just because of the pressure they applied. raptor was a hell of a lot of fun to play with and over a short sample we played some pretty funny/psycho hands with each other, kind of what happens when two people just refuse to fold haha.

Anyways, some of the concepts I feel like I'm working with right now... I'm still grasping and randomizing the hands I 3-bet with and more generally the way that I play in 3-bet pots (I'm really brainstorming even more on this with guys over AIM and such). I'm trying to take more flops, I think that is generally where I might have an advantage at 5-10 over some players. I'm also working on my value betting- sometimes I go from being an overly thin value monkey to tightening up too much. I'm trying to find this happy medium that really blends my range well... I also need to work on this player specifically.

And 100%, the story is game selection and seat selection, no doubt about it. If I do that, I think I can win between 3-5 pt bb/100 hands at 5/10 in February. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I still contribute to this forum if anyone listens, and that I agree- you've got all these guys that are beating 5-10+ for some of the best clips on the internet, and are willing to talk about it? What a sick resource, people need to stop bitching about the state of the games and give a little [censored] effort, I hate to break it to you all but PARTY POKER IS NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR, FANS. PRE LEGISLATION ONLINE POKER IS NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR. CHRIS MONEYMAKER IS NOT GOING TO MULTI TABLE 5-10 ON STARS, FANS. WE CAN ONLY DO THE BEST WITH WHAT WE'VE GOT.

edit: also, if anyone wants to add anything about the way I'm playing at 5-10, feel free to talk to me via pm or whatever
Old 01-31-2007, 05:45 PM

i liked that post quite a bit ae. quite a few of your posts annoy me and I like to hint at that, just thought I'd say that I enjoyed that one and more of your posts should be like that.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:45 PM

Great post
Old 01-31-2007, 06:01 PM

Default my month

I played only a few hands this month, but ran quite good and played pretty well too. My last two days, that's almost half of my hands, I ran really bad and that cost me a 10k month. Next month I have less time, but want to play way more hands and step up to the next level of gameplay.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: my month

wow i just gained a lot of respect for aejones from that post.
higher levels/FTP suck man thats life. :-/ -13k on ftp, -17k on 25/50. +70k everwhere else blaaaaaaaaah [censored] that.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:00 PM

Is anyone cashing out from Neteller?

My ETFs are pending. You can no longer create the ATM card. Is courier check the last resort?

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My ETFs are pending. You can no longer create the ATM card. Is courier check the last resort?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't sending out checks either.
Your money is stuck for now.

There is a big thread in the Zoo where Canadian/UK Neteller users have been helping US Neteller users launder their money for a % fee. US user to CDN/UK user to poker site transfer back to user.

But Neteller got wise and started locking the accounts of the CDN/UK users, because basically it's circumventing the US regulations.

However, I think people are now accepting the transfers and mailing checks/money orders to the US people. Takes days and you have to be trusting.

Otherwise...it'll probably be a couple months (just a guess) before Neteller has a way for you to get your money from them.

I've still got $7.8K stuck on Neteller, BTW.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
But Neteller got wise and started locking the accounts of the CDN/UK users, because basically it's circumventing the US regulations.

However, I think people are now accepting the transfers and mailing checks/money orders to the US people. Takes days and you have to be trusting.

[/ QUOTE ]
These two sentences do not make sense. You said Neteller closed down the accounts of CDN/UK users who laundered money so who exactly are "people" are accepting the transfers? Or these "people" are from other countries?

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
These two sentences do not make sense. You said Neteller closed down the accounts of CDN/UK users who laundered money so who exactly are "people" are accepting the transfers? Or these "people" are from other countries?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Neteller locked their accounts. They call Neteller, answer a few questions, maybe send in some ID, and their accounts are reopened, having been told to stop this activity or else their account will be closed permanently.

Basically, as I understand it (read the massive thread in the zoo for your own clarification):
Member to Member to site = bad
Member to Member to bank account = fine.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:23 PM

Also, some (a lot?) of people (who haven't had their wrists slapped by Neteller yet) are still doing Member to Member to Poker Site transfers.

Neteller charges a 1.9% fee for the transfer and the members helping others out are charging between 3% to 10%-ish on top of that.
Closed Thread