Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

Josem,

You remind me with every post why I hate politician's.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josem,

You remind me with every post why I hate politician's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they understand that many people's livelihoods depend on their professional reputation?

Because they realise that slurs against people with no credible evidence to support them can be incredibly damaging?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:39 PM

and because they don't realize morals over agenda.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and because they don't realize morals over agenda.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that taking down a possibly (probably?) innocent person is a moral solution to the problem with Absolute.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:42 PM

All,

I have no (public) opinion on whether Seif cheated or not. I do know that without a hand history one way or the other, this is pretty stalled.

(Incidentally, on these facts, this case would be tossed out of a criminal court, but it certainly wouldn't be tossed in a civil court. Just throwing this out there.)
Old 10-27-2007, 08:14 PM

lol @ seif not being a part of management.

Ikestoys: Stuckinpgh probably ignored your one public request for details b/c you asked questions that have already been answered 100's of times. Edit: And you are pretty annoying

As far as his retraction, what he says now does not change what happened either way.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because they understand that many people's livelihoods depend on their professional reputation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Josem, you answered several of my earlier posts and one concerned Marks reputation. Surely he heard about Stuckinpigh's allegations thru railbirds or other HS players. Yet he chose not to respond to those allegations in a timely manner. Is it not possible if he knew he got into a pissing contest he would be asked to provide HH's to clear himself and that was something he didnt want to do?

Second, if Mark is interested in clearing his name, releasing 2 months HH's isnt ridiculous. If his play is relatively the same pre "superuser" discovery and post superuser, I think that would go a long way towards clearing his name.
PS, thanks for your hard work.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surely he heard about Stuckinpigh's allegations thru railbirds or other HS players. Yet he chose not to respond to those allegations in a timely manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wouldn't be unusual in the least. Anyone with any public profile gets crap talked about them all the time.

Hell, type my name into Google and there's a bunch of results from when I served as the lowly president of a student union. By responding to this stuff, you give it credibility, when it really doesn't deserve it.

The time taken to respond to accusations on the internet is simply not worth it.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it not possible if he knew he got into a pissing contest he would be asked to provide HH's to clear himself and that was something he didnt want to do?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get what you're saying here.

I think he is genuinely trying to provide HHs. Obviously, it would be helpful if he did, but claiming he is a cheater because he can't provide HHs is somewhat reminiscent of the judicial system in places like Indonesia and elsewhere. They have a system whereby the accused not only needs to prove their own innocence, but to find the true guilty party (at least that's my understanding from reading the Schapelle Corby case).

In the West, innocent until proven guilty is a good way to live.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, if Mark is interested in clearing his name, releasing 2 months HH's isnt ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]
But it won't satisfy the crowds, while allowing his opponents to study his game.

There's no upside to this for him.

[ QUOTE ]
PS, thanks for your hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The last two months of HH's will not show anything. If he's cheating, he's not doing it on his account.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the only reason he is even embroiled in this is because the accusation was that he was cheating on his own account!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you personally defending someone who still defends, promotes and owns part of Absolute when it is known the owners cheat. WTF is going on here? He can explain himself if he wants and leave absolute if he wants. He clearly doesn't give a crap so why help him? You're also not being very smart at all. Obviously the guy, IF he cheated, wouldn't cheat all the time except maybe once or twice if really angry. In fact, if it was me I'd lose on my account and then get a few annonymous accounts to cheat on. Then if you're losing, how in the world could you be cheating?

And a bunch of people have said it but there's no chance they don't have the hh's archived unless they've been purposely deleted to hide past cheating. You're letting Seif and absolute off the hook with excepting their bs stories. Let them explain their own actions.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you personally defending someone who still defends, promotes and owns part of Absolute when it is known the owners cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because there is no credible evidence that this guy was in on the scheme.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously the guy, IF he cheated, wouldn't cheat all the time except maybe once or twice if really angry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is this "obvious"? Other cheaters didn't behave like this.

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, if it was me I'd lose on my account and then get a few annonymous accounts to cheat on. Then if you're losing, how in the world could you be cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see why the method of your cheating would impact on the likelihood of Seif cheating.

[ QUOTE ]
And a bunch of people have said it but there's no chance they don't have the hh's archived unless they've been purposely deleted to hide past cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]
...or they're just incompetent. I still think that human idiocy is a far more likely explanation for many things in life than human evil.