Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

Lame "interview." It's like a coached video deposition with AP graphics in the background.

Did I mention it was lame?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:12 PM

LOL!

For a poker pro he sure has a lot of tells. Couldn't help but imagine he was on a witness stand.

I love the way he responds to the 2006 allegation by not immediately saying, 'First of all; I'm innocent.'

"Look, Nat said I didn't do it and he said unequivocally and he's even seen a transcript and everything, Nat has. Nat's my mate, you can ask him. It's twoo!*"

(*except the word 'unequivocally' - an insignificant exaggeration that nobody should take umbrage from.)

"I had nothing to do with this... matter." - priceless.

Strike three, and strikes four, five and six hitting him on the back of the head as he trudges off the field.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:12 PM

I thought it was kinda funny how the top of his head kept bouncing around. Not sure what was going on there.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know ways to get independent evaluations of charities?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you positive that SUNRISE CHILDRENS FOUNDATION INC of Las Vegas, NV is the charity that received the donation?

I have financial filings for SUNRISE CHILDRENS HOSPITAL FOUNDATION of Las Vegas, NV -- which is linked to from www.sunrisechildren.org but cannot locate a record for Sunrise Children Foundation Inc. specifically.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know ways to get independent evaluations of charities?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you positive that SUNRISE CHILDRENS FOUNDATION INC of Las Vegas, NV is the charity that received the donation?

I have financial filings for SUNRISE CHILDRENS HOSPITAL FOUNDATION of Las Vegas, NV -- which is linked to from www.sunrisechildren.org but cannot locate a record for Sunrise Children Foundation Inc. specifically.

[/ QUOTE ]
According to the emails I've seen, it looks like the donation was made via:

Bank name – U.S. Bank
Bank address – 2300 W. Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, Nevada 89102

I won't post the account info obviously, but to the best of my knowledge, yes, it was the one in Nevada. I don't know the exact name, but the lady who was emailing with AP about it used the domain that I posted above.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:20 PM

The address you get via the hospital foundation and the address you can eventually find on the webpage line up. It's possible someone just dropped the word "hospital" along the way when talking about it no?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:23 PM

LOLZ @ that interview.

PS- Sief, since I cant tell you on AP anymore, You are a total failure and as soon as your cash is gone your wife will be too
Old 10-26-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark Seif

[ ] Guilty of seeing hole cards

[X] Guilty of being a douche bag

[/ QUOTE ]

how dare he be pissed that he was falsely accused
Old 10-26-2007, 10:26 PM

Cool, thanks.

Here is a .pdf of the 2005 Form 990 filed with the IRS for Sunrise Children's Foundation Inc. of 3196 South Maryland Parkway #309, Las Vegas, NV.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4w1gdy0nd0x

And in the event PopcornGate ever amounts to anything (doubtful, IMO), here is a picture of Sunrise's President and CEO, Dee Ladd:

Old 10-26-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: F AP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mark Seif says (11:03 PM):
yes because the guy i played against and his stupid lying friend made posts on a forum that i cheated them

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment speaks a great deal to Mr. Seif's character as well as his comments about Dan Druff. I understand that this is a tough spot for him, but name-calling and antagonizing are not productive, espcially given that he is a spokesman for an embroiled company.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh please.

this poor bloke, if he is innocent (and there's no evidence to doubt that) is entirely justified in what he says here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the fact that he was coincidentally accused of cheating in the exact same way, on the exact same site as a group of cheating owners is completely irrelevent? It's also irrelevent that they refuse to give the hand histories of that session? There is no chance at all that those hands have been permanently deleted. Surely they have been archived and a regular support person doesn't have instant access but there's about a one in a million chance they are gone.

Also, his actions speak volumes. His only defense is saying non-stop that he's going to sue. Guilty people do that. He also doesn't exactly seem shocked since the allegations proved true. He sure hasn't changed his attitude, tactics or affiliations with the site.

As far as I'm concerned he should have quit the site immediately, apologized to the people HE DEFAMED and insulted, apologized to the poker community in general and answered questions and helped to find out who cheated and who owns the site.

Without doing anything to help and with his attitude, he may not be guilty of cheating for sure but he's certainly not beyond reproach. And due to his actions and the way he's treated people, he's the last person I'd ever feel sorry for. And if he's too stupid to set things straight very quickly he's going to pay the price for the rest of his life and the fact of the matter is that the real person defaming him and making him look bad is Mark Seif.