Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
It's finding out whether staff have pride in their work; It's finding out whether staff are rewarded and encouraged to develop themselves; It's finding out whether people are asked to share problems or whether to hide them; It's finding out whether the people can share ideas, or are criticised; It's finding out whether people are encouraged to question or short down in flames; It's finding out whether the organisation is committed to excellence, or interested in a short-term dollar.

That stuff can't be transmitted across the internet in any meaningful way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor can it be found out by an outsider during a 1 week meet-and-greet.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't conduct business with them. If everyone else followed suit, they'd be out of business. Is this concept too hard for you to grasp?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have some magical way of making this happen? just look at the site right now and tell me if you think this can ACTUALLY happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

gg
Old 10-24-2007, 02:48 PM

People should have just let Nat go on this trip and trusted his judgement. He spent as many/more hours on this as anyone with absolutley no vested interest other than his morals. ( He actually probably stood to lose ad revenue with his stake in Bluff media from exposing AP, while other players who who actually lost money in this ordeal put forth less effort than him)

It is also in no way immoral for him to be paid for his time there, again he stood to gain nothing from this, and everyone was checking in on his work from playing poker or their jobs while he was busting his ass to uncover this. I don't know Nat at all, i am just disgusted that he could do as much work as he did and have a single person question his morals when he explained this situation. Its amazing that he put himself in a position where they would make this offer to him, and 2 weeks ago we all would have been jumping at this.

Also Mason, Nat represents 2+2 posters much better than you ever have or will for reasons you re-enforced in this thread.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:49 PM

If this has to be done it should be done right by them.

#1 How many accounts at the site can see the cards. If they say only the one that's obviously bs. Are the auditors looking into every account that is affiliated with anyone working at the site?

#2 If possible, the auditors should look into any account with any sufficient time spent observing tables.

#3 Mark Seif's hh from the questionable session must be handed over either during or after the audit if need be.

#4 All of the previous owners, at the moment before the U.S. legislation, must be given at least to the auditors. Their accounts then must be given at AP and thoroughly investigated.

#5 There must be jail time for the guilty parties or this will kill online poker, not just AP. The results of the auditors must be made public and handed over to the authorities in Costa Rica, Canada (bit of a joke here but...) and the U.S. If no jail time is served by the guilty parties the whole thing is a joke and will taint online poker forever as any site in the future needs to know the consequences. The guilty parties must pay a price to stop this from happening again and to regain public trust.

#6 The scope of the audit must be made public. Are they only looking into the accounts caught and only the specific games listed or every game they've played? Also every game where any company observers have watched? I also hear a lot about tournaments but not much about cash games.

#7 Obviously you need to know exactly how it happened and "cough" how they found out through there software. Then, the auditors should be aware of this and look for more accounts doing the same thing.

#8 Jail time, jail time, jail time
Old 10-24-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
COME ON PEOPLE! We WERE naive! My husband has been telling me for months these people are sitting down there in Costa Rica or where ever the hell they are seeing our hole cards cheating in these tournaments and winning the big prizes. I told him he was nuts!

Why? Because I told him they wouldn't risk the ruin of their company because eventually someone would get wind of it and it would be ALL OVER the 2+2 forums. They would never get away with it. That would be the end of the company. He just told me I was very naive.

Well, he was right and I was naive, but 2+2 DID get wind of it and it is all over the forums now, and this is the best we can do!? The evidence everyone has already gotten isn't enough? We want to HELP the cheaters and thieves to go forward and become a better company? Let's kiss and make up? WTF?

If you found your girlfriend in bed with another guy would you be fishing around for explanations? Would you be naive enough to hope against hope there was some plausible explanation? Would you want to help her become a better girlfriend in the future?

Does everyone so not want to believe that they were naive enough to be cheated and stolen from by a company they trusted, that getting money returned and helping the company become a better company is more important than accepting the fact that WE'VE ALL BEEN HAD by Absolute Poker and we should be helping to bring the company down!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. Call me a polltard, but
Old 10-24-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm trolling to you obviously because you don't agree with my point of view. That's fine. Be mature about it and stop whining like you do in every post.

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't any of you [censored] vocal idiots actually do some work on this instead of trolling people who are

[/ QUOTE ]

Now listen up people. You heard the voice of Nath(echo). He declares that you cannot have an opinion on a public messageboard about this scandal unless you are actually working on the investigation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Still trolling. So what the [censored] are you actually doing to help? Have you had a single constructive idea, or are you just trying to piss off the people that ARE doing something? Don't bother answering 'cause I won't see it.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:53 PM

I've seen the light. Accordingly, I've written to my MP, outlining my belief that we're wasting far too much time and money on our criminal justice system. Convictions should simply be handed out the moment the prosecution is satisfied a crime has been committed and they think they know whodunnit. Further investigation could work in the defendant's favour, but since we know that just means the crime scene's been rigged we shouldn't allow it to unnecessarily complicate the matter.

In short:
1."We think you're all guilty"
2."Wait, it was just these tw..."
3."Don't want to hear it"
4. ......?
5. Justice
Old 10-24-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen the light. blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see you doing anything about bringing down AP except posting on message boards. Any thoughts on that?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:57 PM

My sarcasm wasn't clear? I need to get better at this...

I agree with your position (as described, maybe you have other views you haven't shared) 100%.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen the light. Accordingly, I've written to my MP, outlining my belief that we're wasting far too much time and money on our criminal justice system. Convictions should simply be handed out the moment the prosecution is satisfied a crime has been committed and they think they know whodunnit. Further investigation could work in the defendant's favour, but since we know that just means the crime scene's been rigged we shouldn't allow it to unnecessarily complicate the matter.

In short:
1."We think you're all guilty"
2."Wait, it was just these tw..."
3."Don't want to hear it"
4. ......?
5. Justice

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]