Darrell Jackson SEA @ KC 10 33.33%
Donte Stalworth PHI vs. JAC 4 13.33%
Javon Walker DEN vs. IND 7 23.33%
Bernard Berrian CHI vs. SF 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: supernova visual recognition

[ QUOTE ]
sn=great players (nobody ever said that), however they have to be at least break-even players (exception:"onlinepro"..hehe), or else would they be stupid enough to spend in order to keep that status and gain merely valuable fpp?!..so can't extract money out of them in the long-term...

i voted yes btw as i play limit a lot and am with the impression that its better driving people out early by scaring them with the sn status rather than drawing...i'd lean towards no difference though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Point 1 - Complete nonsense. Bad players sometimes play a lot. SN isn't that hard to achieve. Also, break even players beat bad ones and lose to very good players. If you play average you can't beat them but if you play very well you can certainly win against them. Sure it's easier to play against a horrible player but you can't play 5 donkeys at one table anymore.

Point 2 - You don't understand FL or poker in general. You make money when they make bad calls. If you want to discourage that you need to learn to deal with bad beats or not play.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:36 PM

FT has just added a little icon recently.

Even if the player is bad, I tend to pay more attention to him b/c I'll prob face him later.

Fish who don't have any stats will prob figure the high volume players are good and give them more respect.

Not a good idea IMO.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you describe exactly what this icon is? Who gets it? Is it optional? Does everyone see it and know what it means?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sn=great players (nobody ever said that), however they have to be at least break-even players (exception:"onlinepro"..hehe), or else would they be stupid enough to spend in order to keep that status and gain merely valuable fpp?!..so can't extract money out of them in the long-term...

i voted yes btw as i play limit a lot and am with the impression that its better driving people out early by scaring them with the sn status rather than drawing...i'd lean towards no difference though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Point 1 - Complete nonsense. Bad players sometimes play a lot. SN isn't that hard to achieve. Also, break even players beat bad ones and lose to very good players. If you play average you can't beat them but if you play very well you can certainly win against them. Sure it's easier to play against a horrible player but you can't play 5 donkeys at one table anymore.

Point 2 - You don't understand FL or poker in general. You make money when they make bad calls. If you want to discourage that you need to learn to deal with bad beats or not play.

[/ QUOTE ]

but then you are contradicting your point 2 by what you are stating in point 1..."you can't play with 5 donks at 1 table anymore"...e.g. omaha/stud(i guess you are refering holdem ofcourse), but what are the chances that your top(highest p, good kickers(strt/flush) hand preflop stands up against 5 drawing hands?!you can do the math ofcourse since you understand poker so well..(bad beats?!yeah many of them, a rollercoaster ride as it is referred to)...i would definetely prefer them making bad calls its +ev, however they are not making bad calls if its 5 of them, but i am making bad plays by putting money in each pot, as i am giving them the odds to call their drawing hands in fl...on the other hand if they knew you are a sn you could probably limit the number of players involved in each pot which is the way i and anyone else would prefer i guess in such games, getting most of my hands up against a minimum number of players or hu better as the games mentioned should be played that way...what do you charge for each lesson?!nevermind

nh crymeariver
Old 10-04-2007, 11:09 PM

I'm not a supernova so I definitely think identifying all supernovas would be a great idea...
Old 10-04-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you describe exactly what this icon is? Who gets it? Is it optional? Does everyone see it and know what it means?

[/ QUOTE ]

FT has some Iron Man monthly thing and if you make it you get this champion C next to your name on the tables.

You can take it off your screen, but I think everyone else can still see it.

I played 10K hands total last month, so I don't know too much about the Iron Man.

It doesn't mean you are good or bad, just that you play a lot. If you hover over it, it gives more details. When you click on it, the Iron Man web page loads.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FT has some Iron Man monthly thing and if you make it you get this champion C next to your name on the tables.

You can take it off your screen, but I think everyone else can still see it.

I played 10K hands total last month, so I don't know too much about the Iron Man.

It doesn't mean you are good or bad, just that you play a lot. If you hover over it, it gives more details. When you click on it, the Iron Man web page loads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]The visual indicator is an 'ironman medal' alongside your name. It's interesting to see how many of these sit at tables - there are obviously a lot of regulars!

When you opt out of having it appear no one can see it, including the other players.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]The visual indicator is an 'ironman medal' alongside your name. It's interesting to see how many of these sit at tables - there are obviously a lot of regulars!

When you opt out of having it appear no one can see it, including the other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an important distinction. I don't know why a regular primarily interested in winning would not opt out, unless he does not know it's an option.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:28 PM

Some people are proud of their ironman accomplishment and don't consider that showing it off would be considered a negative.
Since everyone else is doing it there perhaps it's not a big deal for him to do it also and perhaps my concerns over the casual-players' reactions were incorrect.