Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Stars/Full Tilt ring multitable grinder

Ive been a long time poker player and lurker of 2+2 but just recently created an account to post.

I have been playing on both stars and FTP primary at .25/.50 and .5/$1.00 full ring. I play multiple tables and find my results are way up and down yet I always play what I feel to the same.

I play pretty much ABC poker and usually dont get to creative. I never really tilt as I play so many tables I find it hard to do.

My questions is does anyone else have results and if so what are the reason for this? Time of day psossible? I have a decent sample of hands, over over 1 mil, at each site but I can figure out whats going on.

Am I playing too many tables? Have the players in these games got that much better? Am I that bad? At time ill go on long runs 10K+ hands and be strugle to break even.

I see alot of regulars at the tables but never seem to clash in large pots with them, but are there to many multiple table grinders? There is a large handful that will be on 12 tables at both sites at either time. Are there so many that I'm only good enough to barely beat the rake?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 09-19-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Stars/Full Tilt ring multitable grinder

That's a lot of questions for which I have no answer.

Stick around and see what's up.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:10 PM

whats ur ptBB/100 over these 2+mil hands?

show some graphs/stats i guess. lookin to see how big ur downswings are might tell a solid story of how good u are.

i think only u can judge if ur playing too many tables at once. do u feel hyper-rushed? do ur decisions suffer because of this? if so, u might want to cut a few tables out

yes, there are quite a few multitablers on both sites, at all times of the day. just a fact of life

again, hard to give u advice on wether ur a winner or not without numbers/graphs to look at.

welcome to 2p2 =)
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 PM

Atltough I do feel hyper-rushed somewhat I feel like I am playing well. I actually am doing 24 tables at a time and using two completely different pcs and mouses. I know that sounds crazy but I may be slighty sick. I am actually on a quest to make elite on stars while playing nothing over 200NL. That prolly sounds impossible and I am begining to think it is. Anyways I used PT for only the basics and need to look into to making a proper graph. Ill post a graph tommorow when i get some hosting for the pic. I dont see where I can upload it here. I am curretly doing the following at
FTP
NL:4.22PTBB/100 over 758,000 hands

STARS
PL: 7.89PTBB/100 over 130,000 hands
NL: 1.98PTBB/100 over 1,120,000 hands.

....a ton of variance between PL and NL and even between sites.

As I get to thinking of PL vs. NL, could table selection in general be an issue. Play 24 tables doesnt permit much for tables change. I just do it when I get short handed, as I like to keep a full ring. Would results be better is I did beter with table selection? If so what utility can I use to easily select table. I currently use no overlay software but Im guessing that might be the way to go.

Any thought.....sorry for the rabling.

Also it seems sick the nubmer of times I go broke with kk vs. aa. Are you guys able to fold kk preflop to aa. I might do it 5% of the time, at that most, that situation comes up...at most, and even those times I might have been folding to q-q or something as I dont always what im up against. Also, set over set seems to be where I loose alot of money. but then again, I always see the times I loose because I have to reload and when I win with set over set of aa vs. kk I dont see it as I stack tables.....im just frusterated. thats what I get for grinding I guess.

...table selction....could that be the key??
Old 09-19-2007, 10:34 PM

....I can't type or spell! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 10:37 PM

Thats a ton of hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Who are you on Stars, PM me if you want
Old 09-19-2007, 10:39 PM

To all those Heavy Multitablers here, please don't get my wrong, I'm also 6 - 8 tabling, but I really think that with 24 tables, you are not going to play good poker.
Sometimes I think that playing between 6 - 12 tables good might have a higher long term expectation than barey being able to keep track with 24.

Just my 2 cents of course...
Old 09-19-2007, 10:44 PM

u sir, are sick.

anyway...use SpadeEye. i believe that helps with table selection. also, i believe there are some table opening AHKs that shud help u keep full the whole time.

next, i wud use a HUD. havin stats up is very very helpful, and might help u improve 1-2bb/100...esp in the preflop department.

also, congrats on the solid winrates at FT and PL tables. im guessin a lot of ur NL play on PS is 200nl. this could be the reason ur winrate is a bit lowwer. not that ~2bb/100 over 1+mil hands is anything to sneeze at, but there seems to be some value left on the table.

also, congrats on being ambidextrious and 2 computing. very solid and i wish i could do it

also, whats ur $/hr doin this 24 thing? im lookin to do 20tables around Xmas...and am wondering what ur able to do

remember, seeing 9bazzillion hands = seein more KK v AA.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
24 tables at a time

FTP
NL:4.22PTBB/100 over 758,000 hands

STARS
PL: 7.89PTBB/100 over 130,000 hands
NL: 1.98PTBB/100 over 1,120,000 hands.

I currently use no overlay software

table selction....could that be the key??

[/ QUOTE ]

Cannot synthesize information given.

Does that mean that the standards for a "solid" winrate at 200NL (and therefore below that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) are higher than I thought? Or is this what's possible with almost error-free ABC poker at 200NL but not beyond? Is OP a game theory savant?

Also, I'm very curious: Will someone <u>please</u> explain how in the hell one plays 12+ tables at one time? Are you guys gamers or coders, or is it a matter of practice? I say that because I remember reading somewhere about a metric, "actions" or "clicks" or "commands" per minute or second, that coders/gamers use. I couldn't play 12 at a time on someone else's bankroll, let alone playing the way I'd want to.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:56 PM

Alex,
I would agree that while playing 24 tables you get less then your top quality poker. I guess to me the most iportant thing is how much im up at the end of the day. If you make 10 units a year playing 4 tables and I only make 4 playing poker but another 15 in rakeback and points on stars then I would rather take the 19 units over the 10. Even know you make more actually playing poker I come out ahead more. I want to maxamize the cash I make not the amount I win at the table. Then again Im sure Im alot more drained after a few hours then you are. So I guess there is an input for the output but thats why I play the 24 tables. I used to play 2-8 but then stars trapped me the Elite chase. Its tuff to not always be doing just a little more. But I do see where you are coming from alex, maybe I should changes pace for awile. My bigest problem was going on tilt. I always would do on tilt with just a few tables up but with 12-24 I find it very hard to do. You dont have time to go on tilt. Its not natrualy what I taught myself so its almost like I can do it tilt because I dont know how and I dont have time to figure it out.