Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Stars 5NL: AKo flops the nut straight on rainbow board

Note that both villains are approximately 50 BB deep. Both of them are pretty loose. I hadn't really noticed how aggressive they were overall, but I saw them in quite a few hands limping and cold-calling raises.

FWIW, I'm playing 11/7.5

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $2.75
UTG+1: $5.18
UTG+2: $9.95
Hero (MP1): $9.98
MP2: $9.90
CO: $10.71
BTN: $2.47
SB: $1.26
BB: $9.08

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP1)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.20</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.20, SB calls $0.18, BB folds

<font color="blue">I just call because they are shortstacking and I don't want to get either of them antsy to shove.</font>

Flop: ($0.85) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.20</font>, Hero calls $0.20, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.40</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $0.20, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.78 and is All-In</font>, BTN calls $1.87 and is All-In, UTG calls $2.15 and is All-In

<font color="blue">After the minraise by the BTN, I figure it's a good time to just get them all in. They each have 1/4 of their stack in the pot as it is. In retrospect, I wish I had raised the mini-cbet, but the BTN did it for me. The real question I have is, should I shove here or not? What about if the effective stack is 100BB?

I only ask because I have a lot of trouble playing AKo (AKo is my biggest loser and AKs is a marginal winner) and while the result here is irrelevant(I'll post it later if anyone's interested), I was somewhat berated for shoving which got me thinking.

Thanks in advance.</font>
Old 11-22-2007, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Stars 5NL: AKo flops the nut straight on rainbow board

Hmm... You do have a nice hand, with the rainbow flop the only thing villains could improve with is by boating up. A king or ace on the turn could kill your action though.

Why would pushing on top of the min-raise be bad? Villains only have a potsized bet left and its clear that they like their hands. I don't think villains at this level think too deep, so I expect to be called with some funky hands. The real question I guess is should you call or raise UTG's probe bet... If the flop had a two-flush I'd definately raise it as its such a small bet (same size as his pfr which often means he missed) but as you flopped the nuts I don't mind a flat call either hoping to get more money in later.

I'd also re-raise AK pf since these pots usually tend to be multiway and don't like to play it OOP multiway.

I love it when people berate me at the tables when I do something that they just don't understand. Just make sure you tell them a silly reason for why you did it, you don't want them to think poker is a skill game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Stars 5NL: AKo flops the nut straight on rainbow board

[ QUOTE ]
I love it when people berate me at the tables when I do something that they just don't understand. Just make sure you tell them a silly reason for why you did it, you don't want them to think poker is a skill game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, like it!