Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

There's lot's of unhappy poker office users at the moment, esp full tilt players.

The sooner this is released with a HUD, the sooner you get our money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2007, 11:17 AM

Can someone please HELP me!?! There will be a small donation for anyone who can fix this problem.

One week ago I built a new computer and installed Vista Ultimate as the operating system. Literally all of my programs work just fine EXCEPT holdem manager and Poker EV. They seem to install just fine, BUT, everytime I go to start them I get a "This program needs to be closed by windows" message. I really have 0 clue how to fix this problem, and anyone who could possibly walk me through a fix over aim, msn, etc. I will make a small say $20 doantion to.

TIA for any help you can giev...
Old 08-11-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Literally all of my programs work just fine EXCEPT holdem manager and Poker EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reinstalling the .net 2.0 framework - you can find the link on www.holdemmanager.net . That's the only thing I can think of that is common between HM and pokerEV.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you plan on making deals with pokerrooms so that customers get a free license if they sign up with those pokerrooms?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am looking into this

[ QUOTE ]
Is this going to be better than pokertracker? Should I buy pokertracker now or wait till this comes out then buy that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the current beta - there is still a lot to do but it will give you a good idea.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is possible in the current software but I would like the option to see the all the hands between a specific Hero vs a specific Villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is coming - there will be a 5th filter tab named "vs Player". You could do it in pgadmin with a query but for most people just wait a little longer and you'll have it.

[ QUOTE ]
This is going to equip an army of HUD-bots to the teeth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really believe that good thinking players trying to step up their game will be the ones that get the most benefit from HM. Initially, with the new info available there will be a huge benefit to anyone with the stats but once many people have access to the stats it will once again be the good thinking players that use them in the most +$ev way.

rvg
Old 08-11-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is possible in the current software but I would like the option to see the all the hands between a specific Hero vs a specific Villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is coming - there will be a 5th filter tab named "vs Player". You could do it in pgadmin with a query but for most people just wait a little longer and you'll have it.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see how you go against one type of plyaer, like filtering for people with vpip 18-25 and pfr 15-23. Will this be possible in the future?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:00 PM

RVG72,

.NET 2.0 can't be installed on this operating system because it already comes packaged with it. If you can think of anyting else I would be very grateful...
Old 08-11-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RVG72,

.NET 2.0 can't be installed on this operating system because it already comes packaged with it. If you can think of anyting else I would be very grateful...

[/ QUOTE ]

uninstall it first?
Old 08-11-2007, 04:30 PM

when i open hold em manager it has to connect to postgres database first and when i try to connect I get a connection error that says: No connection can be made becasue the target machine actively refused it. then when I just exit outa that I get the error message. The following error occurred when trying to oepn the holdem manager database: connection string argument missing Parameter name: SERVER
Old 08-11-2007, 04:33 PM

just downloaded the newest version.

have .net 2.0 and have postgres....

Loaded a bunch of hands into the database from one of my PT DBs, created my alias and username....

However, when I try to load any reports or anything, it thinks for a little while and then the screen changes from a white background to a grey background, but no data ever shows up.

Will play with it some more but does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT:::
evidentally if i select player i can get reports to work, but not if i have an alias selected.

Is it possible to look at multiple sites data at the same time if you have different user names?
Old 08-11-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RVG72,

[/ QUOTE ]

uninstall it first?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was thinking if you install it you would have the option to "Repair". Maybe something got messed up?

Roy
Old 08-11-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just downloaded the newest version.

have .net 2.0 and have postgres....

Loaded a bunch of hands into the database from one of my PT DBs, created my alias and username....

However, when I try to load any reports or anything, it thinks for a little while and then the screen changes from a white background to a grey background, but no data ever shows up.

Will play with it some more but does anyone have any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check you filters - maybe you have cash selected but you imported tourney results? Try going into the players tab and getting results back from there - then right click one of the players and select the player and then go back to the report page and run a report.

Roy