Old 11-25-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

You could watch American Me.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Miserable, heartless p.o.v..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm heartless because of my stance against the guy who put hundreds of peoples' lives at stake. Yup, totally heartless. I wished the OP good luck, and I truly hope he gets help.

However, people trying to make excuses for this behavior deserve to be mocked.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This attitude seems dumb to me. DUI seems to cover a whole lot of ground, in terms of actual capacity to drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true. I, for one think that the DUI laws are way to hard on people who are, at worst, slightly intoxicated. However, the fact that OP has gotten nailed three times indicates to me that he is either doing it a lot, or is really drunk enough that it's obvious from his driving, and therefore probably is really dangerous to others on the road. Also, to continue to drive after drinking on a suspended license after he got caught once is, ethical considerations aside, just plain dumb. As someone who does occasionally drive after having a few drinks, but never having gotten nailed for DUI, whether because I really am driving reasonably well or though plain dumb luck, I have some sympathy for OP, but not a whole lot.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:29 PM

I'm pretty sure not one person in this thead made an "excuse" for OP's behavior. It's called being reasonable, though.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A DUI is a DUI whether it was at .05 or .20; an officer decided he was incapable of driving a vehicle. So yeah, getting 3 DUI's by age 20 should call for a serious punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is incorrect. If a suspect is actually tested it is at the officers discretion if he scores .05. If he tests .08 or higher it is no longer up to the officer.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:44 PM

rofl. i love the guys who defend drunk driving. they are always the same type. so funny.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:58 PM

I'm not defending drunk driving so much as I feel the sentence is out of line. When you have people who commit much worse offences getting a fraction of the time then there is something wrong with him getting this much time.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:06 PM

i hope you get raped alot
and alot
and alot and then some more
Old 11-25-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rofl. i love the guys who defend drunk driving. they are always the same type. so funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we're "defending drunk driving"... Us saying that someone shouldn't be [censored] with a felony charge and have to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars in legal fees (as well as driving classes) because they drank 5 light beers over 2 hours is defending it. We're attempting to be reasonable, the whole MADD "drunk drivers are complete scum" camp is full of the irrational retards. You have people saying that someone having some brew then driving a car is the equivalent of randomly popping off rounds in a crowded area. Others have said things to the same effect,but in a less drastic way. That's VERY reasonable... DUI laws are FAR too harsh. Op deserves a short stint in the pokey but 2.5 years? You have people doing less than that for manslaughter. A couple months and community service is legit for his infraction.

This whole MADD cult movement seems comparable to those who argue for harsh prison sentences for minor drug offenders. Keep doing it "for the kids", folks, despite how little sense it actually makes.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hope you get raped alot
and alot
and alot and then some more

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, very reasonable. DUI=horrible, worse than Hitler. Rape=ok, so long as it happens to someone who got popped for DUI