Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help

Old 11-25-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Un-blocking ads

I run Adblock Plus for Firefox. A chess site that I have free use on just sent me a message that if I don't unblock their ads or buy a premium membership, they're going to stop letting me play.

How can I tell Adblock Plus to allow ads on just that site? I looked to see if there was a specific "rule" I could delete in Adblock Plus, but nowhere mentioned was this site, so I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks in advance,
Dude
Old 11-25-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Un-blocking ads

From their website: [ QUOTE ]
I sometimes want Adblock Plus to be disabled. How can I do this most easily?

You can click on the arrow of the Adblock Plus icon in the toolbar to bring up the menu. There you have the option to disable/reenable Adblock Plus. If this isn’t fast enough, simply press the middle mouse button on this icon, it will also disable or reenable Adblock Plus.

In the menu you also have the option to disable Adblock Plus on a certain page. It will add an exception rule like @@|http://adblockplus.mozdev.org/ to your list of filters. You can find more information on exception rules in Writing Adblock Plus filters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I'd just play on a different site such as freechess.org (I'm on staff there)
Old 11-25-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Un-blocking ads

While the discussion of AdBlock is prohibited here because 2+2 has ads on their site, since you are wanting to know how to enable ads, maybe this thread is ok?

To allow ads on a specific site, you can right click on the small AdBlock icon down in the lower right hand corner of Firefox and choose "Whitelist this whole site". However, I have to admit I have seen some problems with that working properly before. What would make 2+2 happy, as well as the chess site would be for you to right click on the AdBlock icon and choose "Disable AdBlock".